This policy establishes the Technology Advisory Committee (TAC), a forum for aligning campus technology resources with the Santa Fe Community College (SFCC) Strategic Plan.
Scope and Applicability
This policy applies to all schools, departments and offices where:
- a project or grant activity utilizes or impacts technology resources and/or requires resources from the Office of Information Technology (OIT),
- a project or grant activity that replaces or enhances an existing academic and/or administrative process,
- priorities for renewal and replacement, maintenance and upgrades are evaluated,
- funding needs to be aligned with the Strategic Plan Initiatives, and,
- training is required for users as appropriate for major information system or software upgrades.
The purpose of TAC is to ensure planning, and alignment of all operational, administrative, and academic technologies at SFCC. TAC evaluates and recommends funding and resource priorities.
TAC advises all department on technology resources to meet the needs of students, faculty, staff and the community in accordance with SFCC’s strategic plan as well as local, state and/or federal laws. TAC is responsible for:
- Reviewing technology-related funding and resource requests and recommending TAC funded projects
- Evaluating and recommending replacement and renewal prioritization pertaining to classroom, office and computer laboratory technology in accordance with SFCC Policy 7-2 Technology Renewal and Replacement.
- Recommending faculty and staff training related to information systems and technology
- Advising and endorsing new and revised SFCC technology policies
- Reviewing the SFCC Technology Strategic Plan
- Ensuring training is included as part of any project.
- Strategic Plan A document approved by the governing board, that uses agreed upon long-term and short-term goals to guide college operations and focus college resources.
- Technology Resources All college technology factilities, services, hardware, software, data storage, computer accounts, networks and bandwidth; and all content and data that comprise college technology.
- Technology Strategic Plan A comprehensive technology plan that defines SFCC’s short- and long-term technology and infrastructure plans to guide college operations and focus college resources.
- User is any person including, but not limited to students, employees, guests, volunteers, contractors, consultants, and vendors who interact with SFCC’s technology resources and services.
- The TAC membership shall include students, faculty and staff as follows:
- 1 student member appointed by the Student Government Association
- 1 full-time faculty member identified by the Faculty Senate officers
- 1 adjunct faculty member identified by the Faculty Senate officers
- 1 faculty member from each school appointed by the respective dean
- 1 staff member appointed by the Staff Senate officers
- 2 staff members from the Student Success Division appointed by the vice president
- 2 staff members from the Academic Affairs Division appointed by the vice president
- 1 staff member from the Office of Finance appointed by the vice president
- 1 staff member from the Office of Human Resources appointed by the executive director
- 1 staff member from the Office of Planning and Institutional Effectiveness appointed by the assistant vice president.
- 2 staff members from the Office of Information Technology appointed by the chief information officer.
- 1 staff member from the Marketing and Public Relations Department appointed by the executive director.
- 1 staff member from Plant Operations and Maintenance
- The chief information officer (ex officio).
- The TAC shall meet a minimum of 9 times each year.
- The appointing entity must be informed about non-attendance of any member.
Statement of Accountability and Responsibility
The President, through the Chief Information Officer, and the Office of OIT shall be responsible for enforcing and maintaining this policy. OIT shall work with the different departments and offices to comply and to enforce this policy regarding aligning campus technology resources with SFCC’s strategic plan.
7-2 Technology Renewal and Replacement Policy
Governing Board approved: 3/20/08
Revised and SFCC Governing Board approved: 1/27/16