Witter Fitness Education Center Mask Update, August 11, 2021
To protect yourself and others, masks are mandated for all staff, faculty, students and patrons, effective now. We encourage COVID vaccination and still keep to:
• 6 ft social distancing
• Frequent hand-washing
• Wipe equipment after each use
• Reduced occupancy load
Only students and patrons in the water of our pools are exempt from the mask mandate.
F 21 semester PHED Zoom classes will have no FEC facility fee and students will not have access to the FEC, unless they purchase a day pass or a punch card
F 21 PHED on-ground classes will have the $100 FEC fee attached, students may use the FEC till the start of SP 22 semester
F 21 semester: no lane reservations anymore in the aquatics area. First come first serve outside of class schedule. 2-3 swimmers per lane.
TimeTap will be utilized for purchase of locker rentals, day passes and punch cards only at https://sfcc.timetap.com
To purchase locker rentals, day passes and punch cards:
- Step 1: Create an account at https://sfcc.timetap.com/#/
Step 2: Log in and select PACKAGES.
Step 3: Add select PACKAGE to CART
Step 4: Click on CART (top right hand corner)
- Step 5:Click on CONTINUE TO CHECKOUT
- Step 6: Click on PAY NOW and follow prompt to pay with either a Pay Pal account or a credit/debit card
PHED fitness classes are offered online as well as on-land and can be found https://sfccssb.sfcc.edu/PROD/pw_pub_sched.p_listthislist?term_in=202120&subj_in=PHED
The Fitness Education Center Fall 21 Semester hours are Monday thru Friday 7:00am – 7:00pm; Saturdays 8:00am – 12:00pm
The following areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Patrons can use any part of the facility as long as there is not a scheduled class at that time.
- Basketball courts: Half court. Limit of four people. Bring your own basketball.
- Pickleball: Bring your own equipment.
- Tennis courts: Limit of four people. Bring your own equipment.
- Cardio exercise equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes and stair steppers). Please wipe down after each use.
- Indoor track: You will be required to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Weight Room/Resistance Training Center: Please wipe down equipment after each use.
- Warm Water Pool: The warm water (water temperature 88-90 degree F) pool (25 yards long) is open with a capacity limit of 9 during open swim hours.
- Lap Swimming: Lap swimming is available to the public for lap swim with a capacity limit of 2 swimmers per lane if necessary.
Participants must be 16-years-of-age or older.
Everyone must adhere to safe COVID-19 safety protocols:
- You always need to wear a proper facemask when on SFCC Campus (except when in the water). See face covering guidelines.
- Always maintain at least 6-feet social distancing.
- Please bring your own drinking water.
Please respect the facility manager and lifeguards on duty and adhere to their guidelines.
This 124,000 square foot facility has everything you need to shape up, assess your health and fitness levels or just relax and enjoy.
- Terri Tewart, Dean of the School of Science, Health, Engineering and Math and of the School of Fitness Education
- Colleen Lynch, Associate Dean
- Ute Jannsen-Kerr, Academic Director
- Tomas Duran, Full-time Faculty
- Enita Pendleton, Full-time Faculty
- Herman Garcia, Fitness Facility Director
- Lynda Trujillo, Administrative Assistant
- M. Patricia Willms, Full-time Faculty
- Julianna Santillanes Massage Therapy Program Lead