Witter Fitness Education Center Mask Update, July 28, 2021
Unvaccinated? Wear a Mask.
Fully vaccinated? Please show proof of vaccination upon entry into the Fitness Education Center. A copy of your vaccination card or the Fast Pass will suffice. Learn how to get your Fast Pass.
Current health orders and college policy permit vaccinated individuals to exercise without a mask.
What stays the same?
• 6 ft social distancing
• Frequent hand-washing
• Wipe equipment after each use
• Reduced occupancy load
F 21 semester PHED Zoom classes will have no FEC facility fee and students will not have access to the FEC, unless they purchase a day pass or a punch card
F 21 PHED on-ground classes will have the $100 FEC fee attached, students may use the FEC till the start of SP 22 semester
F 21 semester: no lane reservations anymore in the aquatics area. First come first serve outside of class schedule. 2-3 swimmers per lane.
TimeTap will be utilized for purchase of day passes and punch cards only
Please note that Santa Fe Community College’s William C. Witter Fitness Education Center is only open by appointment due to COVID-19 restrictions. Appointments can be made in the Timetap software: https://sfcc.timetap.com/
Fitness classes are offered online
Appointments are 50 minutes, on the hour.
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to noon Saturday
Fitness Education Center access available by appointment beginning May 17, 2021 thru August 21, 2021
The Fitness Education Center will open for 50-minute appointments on the hour, and the following areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Patrons may use one or more open areas during their appointment time. Pool reservations remain separate.
- Basketball courts: Half court reservations. Limit of four people. Bring your own basketball.
- Pickleball: Bring your own equipment.
- Tennis courts: Limit of four people. Bring your own equipment.
- Cardio exercise equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes and stair steppers). Please wipe down after each use. Upstairs equipment is not available.
- Indoor track: You will be required to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Weight Room/Resistance Training Center: Please wipe down equipment after each use.
Warm Water Pool: The warm water (water temperature 88-90 degree F) pool (25 yards long) is open by appointment. Please follow the registration instructions below as well as the specified COVD-safe guidelines. SFCC will offer three lanes to adhere to the social distancing guidelines. Reservations are for 50-minutes of exercise. There is a $7 fee.
Lap Swimming: Lap swimming is available to the public for individual appointments. There is a $7 fee for each appointment. Participants must be 18-years-of-age or older. Only those with reservations will be allowed inside at their appointment time. No visitors or children will be permitted to enter.
These are the options:
- Lap swimming: $7 per appointment
- Warm water lap swimming: $7 per appointment
- Fitness Education Center: $6 per appointment. Areas/equipment are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Patrons may use one or more open areas during their appointment time.
To make a reservation:
Step 1: Create an account at https://sfcc.timetap.com/#/
Step 2: Make your appointment (5 appts. max at any time) at that site.
Step 3: Pay for your appointment(s) on the site using PayPal. Pay $7 per lap pool or warm lap pool appointment, and $6 for all other appointments. We also offer a 10-visit pass for $50.
Step 4: Show up for your appointment – enjoy!
You will be able to re-schedule an appointment for an unlimited amount of times as we will no longer be refunding for cancellations. However, if you are unable to re-schedule due to unforeseen circumstances, please email Lynda Trujillo at Lynda.Trujillo@sfcc.edu with a brief explanation and a refund will be issued.
Everyone must adhere to safe COVID-19 safety protocols:
- You always need to wear a proper facemask when on SFCC Campus (except when in the water). See face covering guidelines.
- Always maintain at least 6-feet social distancing.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry of the Fitness Education Center, you will be asked current COVID screening questions.
- No showers and no locker rooms are available, come dressed in appropriate fitness wear.
- A limited number of restrooms will be available off the main lobby.
- Please bring your own drinking water.
Leave promptly after your session has ended.
Please respect the facility manager and lifeguards on duty and adhere to their guidelines.
This 124,000 square foot facility has everything you need to shape up, assess your health and fitness levels or just relax.