Please note that Santa Fe Community College’s William C. Witter Fitness Education Center is only open by appointment due to COVID-19 restrictions. Appointments can be made in the Timetap software: https://sfcc.timetap.com/. Fitness classes are offered online
Appointments are 50 minutes, on the hour.
7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday – Friday
8 a.m. to noon Saturday
Fitness Education Center access available by appointment beginning May 17, 2021
The Fitness Education Center will open for 50-minute appointments on the hour, and the following areas are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Patrons may use one or more open areas during their appointment time. Pool reservations remain separate.
- Basketball courts: Half court reservations. Limit of four people. Bring your own basketball.
- Tennis courts: Limit of four people. Bring your own equipment.
- Cardio exercise equipment (treadmills, ellipticals, stationary bikes and stair steppers). Please wipe down after each use. Upstairs equipment is not available.
- Indoor track: You will be required to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Weight Room/Resistance Training Center: Please wipe down equipment after each use.
Warm Water Pool: The warm water (water temperature 88-90 degree F) pool (25 yards long) is open by appointment. Please follow the registration instructions below as well as the specified COVD-safe guidelines. SFCC will offer three lanes to adhere to the social distancing guidelines. . Reservations are for 50-minutes of exercise. There is a $7 fee.
Lap Swimming: Lap swimming is available to the public for individual appointments. There is a $7 fee for each appointment. Participants must be 18-years-of-age or older. Only those with reservations will be allowed inside at their appointment time. No visitors or children will be permitted to enter.
These are the options:
- Lap swimming: $7 per appointment
- Warm water lap swimming: $7 per appointment
- Fitness Education Center: $6 per appointment. Areas/equipment are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Patrons may use one or more open areas during their appointment time.
To make a reservation:
Step 1: Create an account at https://sfcc.timetap.com/#/
Step 2: Make your appointment (5 appts. max at any time) at that site.
Step 3: Pay for your appointment(s) on the site using PayPal. Pay $7 per lap pool or warm lap pool appointment, and $6 for all other appointments. Soon you will also be able to purchase a 10-visit, $50 pass on the site.
Step 4: Show up for your appointment – enjoy!
Everyone must adhere to safe COVID-19 safety protocols:
- You always need to wear a proper facemask when on SFCC Campus (except when in the water). See face covering guidelines.
- Always maintain at least 6-feet social distancing.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry of the Fitness Education Center, you will be asked current COVID screening questions.
- No showers and no locker rooms are available, come dressed in appropriate fitness wear.
- A limited number of restrooms will be available off the main lobby.
- Please bring your own drinking water.
Leave promptly after your session has ended.
Please respect the facility manager and lifeguards on duty and adhere to their guidelines.
This 124,000 square foot facility has everything you need to shape up, assess your health and fitness levels or just relax.
- Jenny Landen RN, MSN, Dean
- Colleen Lynch, Associate Dean and Acting Interim Dean
- Ute Jannsen-Kerr, Academic Director
- Jason Beam, Full-time Faculty
- Tomas Duran, Full-time Faculty
- Enita Pendleton, Full-time Faculty
- Herman Garcia, Fitness Facility Director
- Lynda Trujillo, Administrative Assistant
- M. Patricia Willms, Full-time Faculty