Santa Fe Community College is closed in observance of the Fourth of July Holiday, July 3 to 5.
Due to COVID-19, Santa Fe Community College is currently operating in an online capacity. View Summer and Fall classes.
Many classes and programs have transitioned to an online learning environment and a range of student services are available. Find more details on the SFCC COVID-19 webpage.
Be in the Know About Snow
Santa Fe Community College follows Santa Fe Public Schools in most of its weather-related delay and closure decisions. If the Santa Fe Public Schools are delayed or closed, this is an indicator that SFCC will also be delayed or closed, although the college will send out its own messaging. In the case that SFPS is already closed (parent teacher days or weekends, for example), SFCC will make an independent decision and subsequent announcement.
Notifications about campus closures, delays and emergencies are primarily made through the college’s automated alert system, SFCC Alert.
- If you are registered in credit classes, or you are a faculty or staff member, you are automatically enrolled in the system. In the event of a weather delay or closure, an email will be sent to your SFCC address. You may also choose to receive a text message by manually setting your preferences at www.sfcc.edu/sfcc_alert.
- Continuing Education and Adult Education students and instructors and members of the local community are not automatically enrolled. To enroll in SFCC Alert and receive weather and emergency notifications, go to www.getrave.com/login/sfcc and click on the “Register” button.
Regardless of whether you are automatically enrolled, and regardless of whether you have set your preferences in the past, you can always customize your notification methods again. Visit www.sfcc.edu/sfcc_alert, sign in with your SFCC email address, and make your selection.
When a snow delay or closure occurs, SFCC makes every effort get notification out as soon as possible, depending on the timing of the weather circumstances.
In addition to SFCC Alert, you can also find out about an SFCC delay or closure through the following methods:
- Visit www.sfcc.edu, and see a notification on the home page
- Visit the college’s Weather and Closure web page
- Call the special WeatherWatch Line at 505-428-1716 directly, or get to it through the college’s main number at 505-428-1000
- Check the SFCC Facebook page and Twitter
- Check your SFCC email account
- Listen/watch the local news (radio, TV, newspapers online)
It is a good idea to check several sources, because occasionally texts and emails are delayed, depending on individual plans or technological issues.
You make the final decision on whether or not to travel in inclement weather. Be cautious on the road and always use your own best judgment.