If you are a new or returning student at SFCC, the Welcome and Advising Center is staffed with friendly people who can help you get started!
Remote Academic Advising appointments are now available. Schedule a remote appointment with your Academic Advisor “Click Here.”
In-Person Academic Advising appointments are now available. Schedule an in-person appointment with your Academic Advisor “Click Here.”
Come to the Welcome and Advising Center for:
- Academic Advising
- Transfer Information
- Help with MySFCC Login and registration
- Photo ID processing for your student or employee ID
- Change of Address/Personal Information forms and more!
The SFCC Online Student Orientation is ready for students! This is a free Canvas course that is a ‘self-enroll’ course. Click here to access the Orientation. Students should use their MySFCC username and password to enroll in the course.
Calculating Your Bill Form
Change of Personal Information Form
Declaration of Major Form PDF
Declaration of Major Form Word Doc.
Enrollment Verification Form
Request to Change Classes Form
New Mexico Residency Petition and Guidelines
Transcript Request Form
Duplicate Diploma Request
Current and Returning Students
Thank you for choosing SFCC as your learning destination. As you continue on your educational journey, keep in mind that our primary goal is to help you succeed in reaching your goals, whether you’ll be here for one semester to learn a new job skill or working on a degree.
STUDENT DEGREE STATUS
— Degree Seeking: If you intend to pursue an associate’s degree or certificate in a given field, you are a degree student. Only degree students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid, veterans’ educational benefits, and many other forms of financial assistance. Degree students also must provide proof that they have completed high school or have earned a GED diploma.
— Degree-seeking students should speak to an Advisor in your academic school.
— Non-degree seeking: If you are taking courses for personal enrichment or job enhancement but do not plan to complete a degree or other specific program of study, you are a non-degree student. Non-degree students can declare a degree or certificate and apply appropriate credits at any time.
Students with special needs can get more information from our Student Accessibility Services web pages.
— If you have not registered for courses at SFCC in the past three years, you must complete a new admission application. Apply online now.
— If you have registered as a CONTINUING EDUCATION student and would like to take a course from the credit schedule you will need to complete the college admission application. Apply online now.
If you plan to transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree, our transfer programs prepare you to move to a four-year university. Our Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees are patterned after the lower division courses at most universities. Learn more about Transferring To/From SFCC.
Contact us online
Monday through Thursday: 9 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Come in We are Open [Room 201]
Monday through Friday: 8 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos Ed.D., Associate Vice President for Student Affairs
- Loretta Lopez, Sr. Administrative Assistant
- Bernadette Gonzales, Registrar
- Holly Beamon, Director of Advising, First Year Experience and Career Services
- Sara Baca, Senior Career Services Coordinator
- Nicole Ferreira, Academic Advisor/International Coordinator and Principal Designated School Official (PDSO); Welcome and Advising Center, Undecided & Undeclared Majors
- Cahalan Fiddes, Academic Advisor, School of Science, Health, Engineering, & Math
- Julia A. Gonzales, Academic Advisor, School of Liberal Arts
- Jonathan D. Harrell MA, Academic Advisor, Welcome and Advising Center, Undecided & Undeclared Majors
- Emily McCarthy, Academic Advisor, School of Business, Professional Studies, and Education
- Melba Ramos, Academic Advisor, School of Arts, Design, and Media Arts
- Danny J. Suazo MA, Academic Advisor, School of Trades, Advanced Technologies, and Sustainability
- Jocelyn Hernandez Monsalvo, MSW, Case Manager
- Ashley Valdez, Enrollment Specialist
- Emily Perez, Enrollment Specialist
- Sarah Wernsing MFA, Academic Advisor, School of Science, Health, Engineering, & Math, School of Fitness Education