If you are a new or returning student at SFCC, the Welcome and Advising Center is staffed with friendly people who can help you get started!
Remote Academic Advising appointments are now available. Schedule a remote appointment with your Academic Advisor “Click Here“.
Come to the Welcome and Advising Center for:
- First year advising
- Transfer Information
- Help with MySFCC Login and registration
- Photo ID processing for your student or employee ID
- Change of Address/Personal Information forms and more!
The SFCC Online Student Orientation is ready for students! This is a free Canvas course that is a ‘self-enroll’ course. Click here to access the Orientation. Students should use their MySFCC username and password to enroll in the course.
Current and Returning Students
Thank you for choosing SFCC as your learning destination. As you continue on your educational journey, keep in mind that our primary goal is to help you succeed in reaching your goals, whether you’ll be here for one semester to learn a new job skill or working on a degree.
STUDENT DEGREE STATUS
— Degree Seeking: If you intend to pursue an associate’s degree or certificate in a given field, you are a degree student. Only degree students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid, veterans’ educational benefits, and many other forms of financial assistance. Degree students also must provide proof that they have completed high school or have earned a GED diploma.
— Degree-seeking students should speak to an Advisor in your academic school.
— Non-degree seeking: If you are taking courses for personal enrichment or job enhancement but do not plan to complete a degree or other specific program of study, you are a non-degree student. Non-degree students can declare a degree or certificate and apply appropriate credits at any time.
Students with special needs can get more information from our Student Accessibility Services web pages.
— If you have not registered for courses at SFCC in the past three years, you must complete a new admission application. Apply online now.
— If you have registered as a CONTINUING EDUCATION student and would like to take a course from the credit schedule you will need to complete the college admission application. Apply online now.
If you plan to transfer to earn a bachelor’s degree, our transfer programs prepare you to move to a four-year university. Our Associate in Arts and Associate in Science degrees are patterned after the lower division courses at most universities. Learn more about Transferring To/From SFCC.
Contact us online
Monday through Thursday: 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Friday: 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos, Associate Vice President for Student Success
- Tammy Duran MA, GCDF, Director of Advising, First-Year Experience & Career Services
- Loretta Lopez, Administrative Assistant II
- Bernadette Gonzales, Interim Manger
- Marvin Gabaldon, Data Technician
- Melanie Cebada, Enrollment Specialist
- Tiffany Bracamontes, Bilingual & Dual Credit Teacher Education Coordinator
- Gregoria Cavazos, International Programs Coordinator/Academic Advisor
- Jonathan D. Harrell M.A., Academic Advisor
- Gerard Martinez y Valencia, Academic Advisor
- Emily Powell, Academic Advisor
- Melba Ramos, Academic Advisor
- Danny J. Suazo, Academic Advisor
- Megan Woods, Academic Advisor
- Ed Worden, STEM Core Student Support Specialist & Campus Cupboard Coordinator