Academic Career Education (ACE) Classes
Prepare for GED or HiSet exams – the exams recognized by the state of New Mexico for the High School Equivalency (HSE) credential. The SFCC ACE Program offers students classroom-based instruction in the four areas required for HSE exams – math, reading and writing, social studies and science. We also help boost your academic skills to prepare you for college courses and certificate programs.
Classes are offered in the mornings and evenings. Classes conducted in Spanish are offered in the evenings and on Saturdays.
Spring 2020 Registration
Registration Dates for New and Returning Students
- New students are required to come to a four-day orientation program before enrolling in classes. Morning and evening orientation programs are available. Morning orientation programs run from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm. Evening orientation programs run from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
Be sure to attend the first day of orientation to secure your registration in the program
The HSE program breaks the fall and spring semesters into three, five-week sessions. New students are required to come to a four-day orientation program for three hours for the first three days and then an advising session on day 4. Students have the option of choosing morning or evening orientation sessions. Morning sessions are from 9 a.m. to noon, and evening sessions are from 5 to 8 p.m. In orientation, you will learn more about the program expectations and structure, HSE exams, and you will take a Math and English test that will help to determine which classes to take. You will also have the opportunity to meet with an adviser and plan your individual course of study.
BE SURE TO ATTEND THE FIRST DAY OF ORIENTATION TO SECURE YOUR REGISTRATION IN THE PROGRAM
Welcome Week – New Student Orientation
- Spring Session 2 February 17 – 20
- Fall Session 3 March 30 – April 2
- Summer Session May 26 – 29
- Spring Session 1 January 21 – February 22
- Spring Session 2 February 24 – April 3
- Spring Session 3 April 6 – May 9
- Summer Session June 1 – June 26
Fill out an application online, or come to the Adult Education Department – we are next to the Library on the SFCC Campus.
For information about classes and enrollment call 505-428-1356.
There is a $25 registration fee for the 2019 Semester.
Adult Education Office Hours:
Mondays through Thursdays 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Fridays 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Saturdays and Sundays – the information desk is closed.