Welcome to the Tutoring Center information page. Our goal is to help you learn how to learn and enhance your academic success. In the Tutoring Center, we strive to create a friendly, safe and supportive environment to help you be successful in your SFCC classes. Our mission is to foster independent learning, develop confidence and self- reliance that carries into your professional and personal lives.
The College provides students with two types of academic support beyond the classroom. One is Brainfuse Online Tutoring, which students may access 24/7 through each course on the Canvas home page. The other is the on-campus Tutoring Center. Here, students schedule appointments for both person-to-person and online assistance. To schedule an appointment, Click Here.
Tutoring Contributes to Student Success
What students say about tutoring
- Tutoring helps keep me positive.
- It keeps grades up!
- My tutor taught me how to break things down and keep it simple.
- She made English understandable and sometimes fun.
- He made me feel like math is easy!
- She showed me how to go through each step to solve the problem.
- My tutor helped me to help myself.
- I was getting clouded and his perspective was just what I needed to clear it up.
- My tutor helped me think out loud about what I wanted to say in my paper.
- My tutor rocks!