Welcome to the Tutoring Center information page. Our goal is to help you learn how to learn and enhance your academic success. In the Tutoring Center, we strive to create a friendly, safe and supportive environment to help you be successful in your SFCC classes. Our mission is to foster independent learning, develop confidence and self- reliance that carries into your professional and personal lives.
The Tutoring Center currently offers two forms of online tutoring.
Each Canvas course homepage includes a link to “Brainfuse Online Tutoring” which provides access to online tutoring 24/7. SFCC tutors also meet students online through Microsoft Teams. Click on the Teams link on MySFCC and click on SFCC Tutoring Center to connect with a SFCC tutor. To schedule an appointment with an SFCC Tutor please select the “Schedule an Appointment – Tutoring Center (online)” tab that is located on the Welcome page of MySFCC.
Tutoring Contributes to Student Success
What students say about tutoring
- Tutoring helps keep me positive.
- It keeps grades up!
- My tutor taught me how to break things down and keep it simple.
- She made English understandable and sometimes fun.
- He made me feel like math is easy!
- She showed me how to go through each step to solve the problem.
- My tutor helped me to help myself.
- I was getting clouded and his perspective was just what I needed to clear it up.
- My tutor helped me think out loud about what I wanted to say in my paper.
- My tutor rocks!