SFCC CAREER SERVICES IS AVAILABLE TO STUDENTS, GRADUATES, COMMUNITY MEMBERS, AND EMPLOYERS
Nationally credentialed career counselors provide comprehensive online, classroom, community, phone, and in-person career development services to help you
- explore career options (access Career Interest Assessment)
- decide what education or training you might need
- learn how to create a dynamic resume
- learn other self-marketing skills for an effective job search
- connect employers with the right job candidates, and
- become excited or re-energized about your career
Find us at the back of the Welcome and Advising Center, room 204. Check in at the First Year Advising Desk.
Note: On-site staff from collaborative partners New Mexico Workforce Connections and their sub-contractor, SER Jobs for Progress are listed below.
Your New Job: A new, free online job search system for students, graduates, alumni and community members.
Career Interest Assessment: Discover what career and/or major fits your interests.
Walk In Clinic Register in person for a same day appointment with a career counselor for any career/job questions or need, including resume creation and review
Resume Review Day: A whole day set aside to review and provide feedback on current resumes
Job Club Support Group: Fridays 2-3 pm, often followed by Employer Recruiters at 3 pm
Get That Job! Learning modules available in the computer lab M-F, 9-5
Where’s My Great Career? Helpful essays on modern career development to help you improve your career exploration and job search process
Classroom presentations about Career Services, Career Interest Assessment Group Activity
Targeted e-mails to faculty and students in specific major and certificate programs
Annual Career Fair in April*
Meet the employer opportunities after our weekly job club meetings
Special hiring events arranged for new businesses or businesses with many openings
*There is a small fee to book a table at our annual Fantastic Futures Career Fair in April. Space is limited. All other services are free.
SFCC Career services currently has two GCDF’s and our Career Coach is in training to become a GCDF. We can help you discover your passions and how they might manifest into an exciting plan for a future full of opportunity where your goal is to enjoy your life now, instead of waiting until graduation, you find the perfect job, your children are grown, retirement or some other future event.
- Patty Armstrong GCDF, Senior Career Services Coordinator
- Ya’el Chaikind MA, LMHC, GCDF, PILAS Internship Coordinator
- Tammy Duran MA, GCDF, Director of Advising, First-Year Experience & Career Services
- Thaddeus Lech, State of New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions, Job Development Career Coach
- Pat Delgado, SER Jobs for Progress, WIOA, Title 1 Career Development Specialist