SFCC CAREER SERVICES IS HERE TO HELP YOU
- explore career options
- decide what education or training you might need
- learn how to create a dynamic resume
- learn other self-marketing skills for an effective job search, and
- become excited or re-energized about your career
Your New Job: A new, free online job search system for students, graduates, alumni and community members.
Career Interest Assessment: Discover what career and/or major fits your interests.
Walk In Clinic Register in person for a same day appointment with a career counselor for any career/job questions or need, including resume creation and review
Resume Review Day: A whole day set aside to review and provide feedback on current resumes
Job Club Support Group: Fridays 2-3 pm, often followed by Employer Recruiters at 3 pm
Get That Job! Learning modules available in the computer lab M-F, 9-5
Where’s My Great Career? Helpful essays on modern career development to help you improve your career exploration and job search process
Back to Work 50+ Women’s Economic Stability Initiative
Classroom presentations about Career Services, Career Interest Assessment Group Activity
Targeted e-mails to faculty and students in specific major and certificate programs
Annual Career Fair in April*
Meet the employer opportunities after our weekly job club meetings
Special hiring events arranged for new businesses or businesses with many openings
*There is a small fee to book a table at our annual Fantastic Futures Career Fair in April. Space is limited. All other services are free.
SFCC Career services currently has two GCDF’s and our Career Coach is in training to become a GCDF. We can help you discover your passions and how they might manifest into an exciting plan for a future full of opportunity where your goal is to enjoy your life now, instead of waiting until graduation, you find the perfect job, your children are grown, retirement or some other future event.
- Piér Quintana , Career Services Director (GCDF)
- Patty Armstrong , Senior Career Services Coordinator (GCDF)
- Emily Powell , Program Specialist, Back to Work 50+: Women's Economic Stability Initiative
- Gwen Spatzier , Career Coach, Back to Work 50+ Women's Economic Stability Initiative
- Rosa Prada , Program Assistant