Student Support Services (SSS) TRiO is a federally funded grant program designed to work with 160 Santa Fe Community College students. The program serves income eligible, first generation students and students with disabilities. Eligible students who are committed to their college education and willing to participate will be offered enriched services designed to help them meet their educational goals.
What does TRiO offer students?
- Academic Advising/Educational Planning: course selection, degree planning, transferring, etc.
- Academic Support: Tutoring, mentoring, study skills, test taking, online resources.
- Personal Advising: time and money management, stress, life skills, etc.
- Social and Cultural Activities: attend museums, national parks, films, etc.
- Assistance with scholarship applications
- Textbook Exchange
- Computer lab and private study spaces
- Connection with other students: help each other succeed
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be within Federal Income Guidelines and/or
- Neither parent or guardian has graduated from a four year college and/or
- Have a documented disability
Candidates must also sign an agreement to participate fully in the program and be in good academic standing.
How to apply?
Applications are available from our office LL313. If you are faculty or staff who identifies a student whom you believe may benefit from our services, please refer them to our office. We will screen for federal guidelines to determine eligibility.
“TRiO was the difference between earning my degree and giving up throughout the course of my educational path.
TRiO provides an individual approach to advising, ensuring that each student’s unique needs are addressed and met. In addition, being able to access resources such as the computer lab, private study rooms, one on one tutoring, and social gatherings was instrumental to my success.”
View Official TRiO Brochure for More Student Testimonials!