Student Support Services (SSS) TRIO is a federally funded grant program designed to work with 160 Santa Fe Community College students. The program serves income eligible, first generation students and students with disabilities. Eligible students who are committed to their college education and willing to participate will be offered enriched services designed to help them meet their educational goals.
Spring 2022 Events:
Afternoon at the Movies: “Bohemian Rhapsody”
Transfer Information Sessions
Financial Literacy Workshops
What Does TRIO Offer Students?
- Academic Coaching: Create a personalized success plan to stay on track; learn how to navigate SFCC; receive assistance & referrals for academic/non-academic concerns; build strong cross-campus relationships
- Tutoring, mentoring, study skills, test taking, online resources.
- Workshops: time and money management, managing stress, life skills, etc.
- Social and Cultural Activities
- Assistance with scholarship applications & transfer to 4-year institutions
- Computer lab; study space
- Connection with other students: help each other succeed
What are the eligibility requirements?
- Be a United States Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Be within Federal Income Guidelines and/or
- Neither parent or guardian has graduated from a four year college and/or
- Have a documented disability