Santa Fe Community College is committed to establishing and maintaining an environment free of all forms of harassment and discrimination for all College community members. The College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, serious medical condition, spousal affiliation, veteran status, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship, and any other basis prohibited by law.
Here’s How We Can Help
Title IX Coordinator
VP for Academic and Student Affairs
505-428-1372 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Title IX Investigators
Student Affairs Officer
505-428-1014 | barb.mascarenas
Employee Relations Manager
We Can Help You:
Obtain and connect with resources, understand your right to seek protective measures like No Contact Orders, Harassment Prevention Orders, and Abuse Prevention Orders, and organize interim support and protective measures, like housing or academic modifications.
If You Have Experienced Sexual Misconduct You Should:
Contact the police, seek medical attention to assess immediate health needs and preserve evidence, obtain emergency contraception (if appropriate), and seek confidential emotional support.
- to learn at SFCC free from gender discrimination,
- to file a complaint according to SFCC’s Sexual Harassment Policy,
- to request a criminal investigation with law enforcement,
- to interim support and reasonable protective measures to help you continue to learn at SFCC,
- to understand that SFCC is required to undertake a prompt and thorough investigation of all reports of sexual misconduct,
- to request and obtain a No Contact Order and to receive information about Harassment Prevention and Abuse Prevention Orders,
- to use resources, processes, or support and to report to the Title IX Coordinator if your rights have been violated,
- to be free from retaliation for reporting that your rights have been violated,
- to access on- and off-campus support and health services, and
- to be kept informed about the progress of the investigation in your case.
You may also request a criminal investigation for any criminal behavior you have suffered.
For more information about the criminal process, contact SFCC Safety and Security at 505-428-1244 or the Santa Fe County Sheriff at 505-986-2400.
The College will take immediate and responsive action to any report of retaliation and will vigorously pursue disciplinary action as appropriate.
- SFCC Counseling Services
505-428-1682 or 505-428-1839
- Santa Fe Solace Crisis Treatment Center
- Christus St. Vincent
Regional Medical Center ER
The Title IX Team makes every effort to protect the privacy of all individuals.
View the college’s Sexual Harassment and Discrimination Policies