Counseling Services Welcomes You
Counseling Services welcomes you to visit privately with a licensed professional counselor for support with personal, social and academic challenges. Counseling is a confidential, respectful process where you can feel safe discussing sensitive issues.
Counseling services are available to registered SFCC students. All counseling services are free of charge.
Consultation services regarding student wellness are available for SFCC faculty and staff.
Counseling is an opportunity to solve problems and learn new skills (conflict management, assertiveness, career development skills, etc.).
What can I expect from a Counseling appointment?
- A counselor will schedule an appointment with you.
- When you come for your appointment, the counselor will meet with you in his or her office where you can talk privately about your concerns.
Where are counselors located?
Our office are located in Suite 201, adjacent to the Welcome and Enrollment Center.
Appointments are preferred. If you’re in crisis, a professional counselor is always available for counseling. If you feel you’re in trouble, don’t hesitate to call or come in.
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
Share Your Story – Stories of Hope and Survival
- New Mexico Crisis Line 1-855-662-7474 to talk to a professional counselor, 1-855-227-5485 (TTY)
- Warm Line 1-855-466-7100 to access peer support.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255
- AGORA Crisis Center 1-855-505-4505, Chat Online at www.AgoraCares.org
- For support regarding rape or sexual assault, contact Solace Crisis Treatment Center at 800-721-7273
- For domestic violence, contact Esperanza Shelter 800-473-5220