SFCC’s Financial Aid Office is here to help you get the financial assistance you need to complete your education. There are many scholarship and loan opportunities available. Contact us and we’ll explain the forms and let you know about important deadlines for filing them.
Loan Eligibility Requirements: In accordance with our Default Prevention Management Plan, SFCC has implemented the following requirements for student loan borrowers:
- Students applying for a student loan must have all previous college transcripts in the Registrar’s Office before submitting the loan application. Evaluation of transcripts can change loan eligibility if a student has not completed the last two semesters at a previous institution.
- Students must be registered in courses from their current primary declared degree program to be eligible for student loans. HPER courses will not count towards loan eligibility.
It is your responsibility to follow up on your application status. To proceed with the loan application process, click on the appropriate link:
Summer loan application available through July 14, 2017.
Fall loan application available through November 22, 2017.
Financial Aid Disbursement Dates for Summer 2017
Direct Deposit Instructions
Ensure your direct deposit account is active! Log on to JACK, click on the Registration tab and select the link to pay online, Bills & Payments. Review and save your direct deposit profile. This must be done once a year for the account to remain active.
Questions? Contact the Cashier’s Office at email@example.com or (505) 428-1211.
Financial aid will be disbursed into student accounts during the week of the disbursement date above for classes that begin the first day of the semester. As soon as they are ready, funds will be deposited directly into the student’s bank account, if they have chosen this option. Otherwise, checks will be mailed out so most students should receive their check in the mail by the posted disbursement date. Disbursements for grants and scholarships will not be issued for late starting classes until approximately 14 DAYS after the first date of attendance. Loan disbursements for late starting classes will not be released until the drop period for the class has expired. Single semester loans will be issued in two disbursement; the second being after 50% of the semester has passed. Learn more about financial aid disbursements.
Please update your mailing address at the Admission and Registration desk.The Financial Aid office will mail a Letter of Award notifying you of the amount of your financial aid. Review the letter and ask us any questions you may have about your award(s). Make sure we have your current mailing address. Contact the Welcome and Advising Center at 505-428-1270 to make any changes to your address.
- Applicants must be high school graduates or have received their High School Equivalency
- Applicants must be a Veteran or Veteran’s dependent. (Dependents can include Veterans’ grandchildren)
- Applicants must be New Mexico residents
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the fall 2017 semester
- Applicants must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Applicants must have a 2.5 term OR cumulative GPA. New SFCC students are eligible for funding*
- Applicants must file a 2017-2018 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Applicants must be declared in a major that is eligible for financial aid
- Applicants must attach a 300-500 word essay that describes your educational goals and how this funding will help you achieve them
- Applicants’ applications must be signed by SFCC’s VA Certifying Official verifying your application was screened and you are not eligible for Veterans’ education benefits.
- Applicants must provide a current degree plan and be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours from that plan.
- Applicants must provide a copy of your DD214 or your parent’s/spouse’s/grandparent’s DD214. If you need assistance obtaining this document contact the Veterans Resource Center at (505) 428-1305, email firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in and visit in Room LL 302. The VRC is open Monday-Friday 8 AM to 5 PM.
– Funds will be prioritized for students who are within three semesters of completing their degree
– Funds will also be prioritized for students without access to additional financial aid
The deadline to apply for the fall 2017 semester is Friday, July 7, 2017. You may download a copy of the application here.
To E-mail Financial Aid:
Federal regulations require that all financial aid inquiries come from your school e-mail address. Please e-mail all financial aid questions from your SFCC email account. Log into JACK, access email account in upper right hand corner, and create a new email using “email@example.com” in the address bar.
Financial Aid for Certificate Programs
SFCC offers 21 Certificate Programs that qualify for Financial Aid. Please visit our Grants web page to see eligible certificates.