Apply for Financial Aid
At SFCC, we believe every student who wants to go to college should be able to do so. That’s why we work hard to help you afford the cost of your education. There are scholarships, grants, campus jobs and loan programs — all available to help pay your college expenses.
All students should file a free application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form by visiting the FAFSA website. The SFCC school code is 016065. View the Federal Financial Aid Regulations that impact you.
SFCC 2021-2022 Scholarship Application is Open!
Don’t Leave $$$ on the Table!
SFCC 2022-2023 Scholarship Application will be available beginning July 18, 2022
SFCC can help you pay for college with scholarships. One simple application puts you in consideration for state institutional and Foundation private scholarships. Scholarships are available for new and returning students to help pay for college for the upcoming academic year. Scholarships are available for full and part-time students. There are scholarships for Native American students, Hispanic students and students with disabilities (must be registered with the SAS department at firstname.lastname@example.org).
To avoid rejection of your scholarship application, please ensure the following are complete before applying:
- A completed Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or the 2021-2022 Dreamers Financial Aid Application (Non-US citizens only).
- A completed Financial Aid file. I have confirmed with the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com that my financial aid file has been complete.
- Your High School transcript posted in the Registrar’s Office. I have confirmed with the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An established cumulative and term GPA of 2.50 or higher.
- Enrollment in 6 or more degree-related credit hours.
- Declaration of an AA Degree or Eligible Certificate. I have confirmed with the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com.
Proceed to apply at the link below ONLY if all steps above have been completed:
For questions or assistance email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org from your SFCC student email account. Make sure to include your Student ID number in the email. Se habla Español.
Loan Eligibility Requirements: In accordance with our Default Prevention Management Plan, SFCC has implemented the following requirements for student loan borrowers:
- Students applying for a student loan must have all previous college transcripts in the Registrar’s Office before submitting the loan application. Evaluation of transcripts can change loan eligibility if a student has not completed the last two semesters at a previous institution.
- Students must be registered in college-level coursework from their current primary declared degree program to be eligible for student loans. PHED, developmental, and repeat coursework will not count towards loan eligibility.
- Students must have received student loans in the past at SFCC or must have completed in-person Entrance Loan Counseling with the Loan Coordinator.
It is your responsibility to follow up on your application status. To proceed with the loan application process, click on the following link:
Fall loan application available through November 19, 2022.
Financial Aid will pay into student college accounts during the third week of the semester. Financial aid is only disbursed for classes you are actively attending. If you have late-starting classes your full disbursement may be delayed until after the late-starting classes begin. Please check your Financial Aid Offer Letter for specific disbursement dates.
Once financial aid is disbursed, the Cashiers Office will issue refunds via direct deposit or check. Please click the Financial Aid Disbursement General info link for detailed information regarding disbursements for late starting classes and instructions on setting up direct deposit.
Payment is due upon registration unless financial aid or a payment plan is place.
Students who transfer from other colleges or universities and wish to complete a degree or certificate at SFCC must request that each institution they attended send official transcripts to the Registrar’s Office. Credit hours that are transferred from institutions previously attended will count toward a student’s Satisfactory Academic Progress.
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act, is a Federal law that includes funds to assist students in need during the COVID-19 pandemic. All spring SFCC degree seeking students whose education was disrupted by the COVID-19 virus were evaluated for financial assistance. For more information please see SFCC CARES Act Reporting.
WARNING: Active Phishing Campaign Targeting Student Email Accounts
Attackers are using a phishing email to obtain access to student accounts via Colleges’ student portals. Upon gaining access to the portal the attacker changes the student’s direct deposit destination to a bank account controlled by the attacker.
SFCC will NEVER ask for you to provide passwords or personally identifiable information. DO NOT click on links that are provided in an email. CONTACT US with any questions!
You may view a sample of the phishing email below:
How to Provide your Documents to Financial Aid:
Documents you email to the Financial Aid Office are not encrypted which means your personal information is vulnerable to attack.
We are invested in protecting your privacy! We can provide you with a safe, secure method to provide your documents to the Financial Aid Office electronically.
If you would like to submit your documents electronically please email email@example.com with a request for a secure link.
Your email must come from your SFCC email account and include your Student ID number. The Financial Aid Office will provide you with access to an encryption service along with instructions on uploading documents.
If you do not wish to provide your documents electronically you may fax them to us at (505) 428-1283.
To E-mail Financial Aid:
Federal regulations require that all financial aid inquiries come from your school e-mail address. Please e-mail all financial aid questions from your SFCC email account. Log into MySFCC, access email account by clicking on the Gmail link in the Launchpad, and create a new email using “firstname.lastname@example.org” in the address bar.
Financial Aid for Certificate Programs
SFCC offers 21 Certificate Programs that qualify for Financial Aid. Please visit our Grants web page to see eligible certificates.