SFCC’s Financial Aid Office is here to help you get the financial assistance you need to complete your education. There are many scholarship and loan opportunities available. Contact us and we’ll explain the forms and let you know about important deadlines for filing them.
Loan Eligibility Requirements: In accordance with our Default Prevention Management Plan, SFCC has implemented the following requirements for student loan borrowers:
- Students applying for a student loan must have all previous college transcripts in the Registrar’s Office before submitting the loan application. Evaluation of transcripts can change loan eligibility if a student has not completed the last two semesters at a previous institution.
- Students must be registered in courses from their current primary declared degree program to be eligible for student loans. HPER courses will not count towards loan eligibility.
It is your responsibility to follow up on your application status. To proceed with the loan application process, click on the following link:
Summer loan application available through July 14, 2017.
General eligibility requirements for SFCC scholarships are:
- New Mexico Residency
- Complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA (https://fafsa.ed.gov/)
- International students may complete the 2017-2018 Dreamers Financial Aid Application
- Maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress (https://www.sfcc.edu/paying-for-school/satisfactory-academic-progress-standards/
- Have a semester and cumulative GPA of 2.50
- Be declared in a major that’s eligible for financial aid
- Enroll in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the fall 2017 semester. Fall enrollment begins April 25!
- Students receiving their high school diploma or high school equivalency between now and August, 2017 must have their official high school or HSE transcripts sent to the Registrar’s Office.
The Scholarship application closes on May 26, 2017. This is your only opportunity to apply for SFCC scholarships for the 2017-2018 academic year!
Contract for Better Tomorrow
Attention! The Contract for a Better Tomorrow Scholarship application for the 2017-2018 academic year is now available! Applications are due on May 26th, 2017 at 5:00 p.m.
The application can be located here…
Financial Aid Disbursement Dates for Summer 2017
Direct Deposit Instructions
Ensure your direct deposit account is active! Log on to JACK, click on the Registration tab and select the link to pay online, Bills & Payments. Review and save your direct deposit profile. This must be done once a year for the account to remain active.
Questions? Contact the Cashier’s Office at email@example.com or (505) 428-1211.
Financial aid will be disbursed into student accounts during the week of the disbursement date above for classes that begin the first day of the semester. As soon as they are ready, funds will be deposited directly into the student’s bank account, if they have chosen this option. Otherwise, checks will be mailed out so most students should receive their check in the mail by the posted disbursement date. Disbursements for grants and scholarships will not be issued for late starting classes until approximately 14 DAYS after the first date of attendance. Loan disbursements for late starting classes will not be released until the drop period for the class has expired. Single semester loans will be issued in two disbursement; the second being after 50% of the semester has passed. Learn more about financial aid disbursements.
Please update your mailing address at the Admission and Registration desk.The Financial Aid office will mail a Letter of Award notifying you of the amount of your financial aid. Review the letter and ask us any questions you may have about your award(s). Make sure we have your current mailing address. Contact the Welcome and Advising Center at 505-428-1270 to make any changes to your address.
To E-mail Financial Aid:
Federal regulations require that all financial aid inquiries come from your school e-mail address. Please e-mail all financial aid questions from your SFCC email account. Log into JACK, access email account in upper right hand corner, and create a new email using “firstname.lastname@example.org” in the address bar.
Financial Aid for Certificate Programs
SFCC offers 21 Certificate Programs that qualify for Financial Aid. Please visit our Grants web page to see eligible certificates.