This policy sets out the parameters for employees who bring guests and visitors to Santa Fe Community College (SFCC or College) and assigns responsibility that the employee must take in doing so.
Scope and Applicability
This policy applies to all SFCC employees.
Visitors and the public are always welcome at SFCC. Visitors must not decrease productivity for both employees and co-workers or create a potential liability for the College and risk of harm to the visitors.
- Employee guests means any non-SFCC employee or student.
- Personal visitors means friends and family of employees who come and visit them in the office.
- Employee guests will be allowed in the workplace, as long as the employee has received prior approval from their supervisor, and for a short visit that does not impede the work of the employee or others.
- SFCC discourages employees from being accompanied by friends, family, or children while working; including leaving children on campus in office areas while they are at work. This does not eliminate infrequent, short visits from friends, family and children. Anything other than short visits is not permitted due to safety and other workplace concerns.
- SFCC desires to be a family friendly place of business to all employees as well as to students; however, the workplace is not the appropriate place for childcare. Even during short infrequent visits, children 15 years of age or younger who are not students must not be left unattended and must be closely supervised by an adult at all times.
- If an employee is faced with unusual circumstances regarding visitors at work, the employee should speak with his/her immediate supervisor.
Statement of Accountability/Responsibility
The President, through the Executive Director for Human Relations and Professional Development/EEO Officer and the Office of Human Resources (OHR), shall be responsible for enforcing Human Resources policies and procedures. OHR shall work with different departments and offices to comply with this policy and develop procedures that will enforce this policy regarding awareness, prevention, and remediation.
Governing Board approved: 9/28/16