This policy establishes the process to ensure Santa Fe Community College (SFCC or College) complies with all state and federal workers compensation regulations.
Scope and Applicability
This policy applies to all employees of the College. This policy follows the regulatory and legal requirements of the Workers Compensation Act and the 29 CFR 1910 OSHA.
Workers Compensation laws are in place to protect the employer and the employees. SFCC provides Workers Compensation insurance to all employees in case of work-related illnesses and injuries. The College conducts and oversees all activities related to this policy in compliance with all state and federal requirements.
- The Office of Human Resources (OHR) shall post and maintain notices about the availability of Workers Compensation insurance for work-related illnesses and injuries.
- Employees shall report all work-related illnesses and injuries to their supervisor and OHR upon occurrence.
- Employees and supervisors shall complete appropriate reports.
- Employee shall see a physician as required and shall follow their instructions regarding work limitations. Physician orders regarding work limitations are to be provided to the Office of Human Resources.
- The Office of Human Resources shall post notices of annual results, and report to the state and federal authorities as provided by the regulations.
Statement of Accountability and Responsibility
The President, through the Executive Director for Human Resources and Professional Development/EEO Officer or his or her designee and the Office of Human Resources, shall be responsible for enforcing human resources policies and procedures. The Office of Human Resources shall work with the different departments and offices to comply with this policy and develop procedures that will enforce this policy regarding awareness, prevention, and remediation.
SFCC Governing Board approved: 4/19/2012
Revised and SFCC Governing Board approved: 1/25/17