How To Enroll In Classes at SFCC
☑1. COMPLETE AN ADMISSION FORM
Complete and submit an admission form online or in person at the Welcome and Advising Center.
You can also download and print out an application.
For information, call 505-428-1270. (If you are a returning student, visit our online portal, MySFCC or learn more.)
☑2. APPLY FOR FINANCIAL AID
To apply for any type of financial aid, you must file a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Forms are available on the FAFSA website and at the Financial Aid Office. You also must have your official high school transcripts sent to the Registrar’s Office. For information, call 505-428-1268.
☑3. COMPLETE PLACEMENT TESTING
Take Accuplacer in the Testing Center – Room 611. No appointment is needed, and there is no cost; but you will need a photo ID such as a driver’s license or state ID card and a student ID number (also called your A#).
The Testing Center is open 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. on Mondays and Tuesdays, and 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. You are strongly encouraged to prepare for your placement test. Free study guides are available at the Testing Center and the Welcome and Advising Center, or can be downloaded from www.sfcc.edu/testing (select the link for “Placement Testing”).
Allow at least two hours to complete the evaluation (there is no time limit). Placement results are usually available immediately. If you have college transcripts and ACT/SAT scores, the Testing Center might be able to use them to determine appropriate placement.
For information, call 505-428-1625.
☑4. MEET WITH AN ADVISOR OR COUNSELOR
Advisors are available for new students who have not declared a major. They are available by appointment or on a walk-in basis at the Welcome and Advising Center.
For information, call 505-428-1270. For the School of Health & Sciences advisor, call 505-428-1462.
Counselors are available for students who have declared a major and earned more than 24 credit hours. Appointments can be made by contacting:
- School of Arts, Design & Media Arts, 505-428-1731
- School of Business & Education, 505-428-1308
- School of Liberal Arts, 505-428-1370
- School of Trades, Technology, Sustainability and Professional Studies, 505-428-1388
- School of Sciences, Health, Engineering and Math, 505-428-1323
☑5. REGISTER FOR YOUR CLASSES
Register online (on campus or at home) at www.sfcc.edu. Visit the Welcome and Advising Center at SFCC to plan your schedule. Advisors are available to help you select the courses that are right for you and to help you enroll.
For information, call 505-428-1270.
☑6. ARRANGE FOR PAYMENT
Payment is due when you register. If payment is not made or arranged, you may lose your place in class.
- Pay in full online or through the Cashier’s Office, 505-428-1211.
- Deferred payment plans are available. You can make arrangements through the Cashier’s Office.
- Financial aid and scholarships are available. Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form online, or call SFCC’s Financial Aid Office at 505-428-1268 for assistance.
- The Student Employment Office gives you the opportunity to gain work experience and earn income while you attend college.
For information, call 505-428-1285.