What do we do?
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining information technology, supporting academic programs, student services, and administrative functions at Santa Fe Community College. Our mission is to support students, faculty, and staff in the use of current technologies that enhance and strengthen the learning process.
Technology Service Desk
The Technology Service Desk is a unit within User Services which serves students, faculty, and staff at SFCC. The Technology Service Desk provides a primary contact for students, faculty and staff to obtain effective service, support and training, as well as act as a tool for fostering an effective use of information technology in all areas of the campus.
Media Services provides instructional technology, multimedia classroom technology, audio-visual equipment, and video conference systems and expertise to the campus community. Our goal is to provide educational technology in support of teaching and learning.
The mission of OIT computer labs is to assure access to computing resources for all college faculty, staff and students by providing conveniently located public computer facilities with up-to-date, well maintained hardware, software and printing services. OIT maintains 25 computer labs with some 500 computers available for academic use.
Ellucian Banner enterprise system includes the Student, Finance, Human Resources Self Service, Luminis, and Data Warehouse. The Banner Relationship Management modules support recruiting, admissions, advising, registration, financial aid, accounts receivable, payroll, purchasing, budgeting, grants, and financial statements.
OIT supports the SFCC public website, the JACK web portal, telephones, and email.
Information Security Program Disclosure
SFCC protects and safeguards the confidentiality of student information in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Access to student information is privileged and is only accessible by employees who require access to discharge their duties and responsibilities. SFCC does not share any information with any third party unless explicitly required. For more information, you may consult the Registrar’s Office for student records, the Financial Aid Office for financial aid related information, and the Office of Information Technology for general information regarding the security of information at SFCC.
- Nicole Berezin, Online Teaching and Learning
- Cori Bergen, Sr. Director of Network & Systems Administration
- Robert Bond, Applications Administrator
- Mariano Chavez, Systems Technician
- Eric Christoffersen, Technology Support Technician
- Chris Falance, Technology Service Desk Specialist
- Rod Hasson, OIT Service Desk Specialist
- David Keppel, Network Administrator
- Erica Keppel, Systems Administrator
- John Ketchens, Systems Analyst/Banner Programmer
- Mason Kovac, Interim Director of Technology Support
- Jeremy Lovato, Chief Information Officer
- Alex Martinez, Sr. Administrative Assistant
- Marshall Martinez, AV support Technician
- Ken McPherson, Web Developer
- Ted Polkinghorn, Sr. Director of Information Systems
- Gary Probst, Director of Technology Services
- FineSpirit Routt, OIT Technology Support Specialist
- Richard Rubinstein, Systems Technician
- Stevie Smaltz, Sr. IT Support Technician
- JoAnn Storch, IT Service Desk Technician
- Carey Thompson, Network Technician
- Matthew Wallace, IT Project Manager
- Jeffrey Montoya, Data Base Administrator
- Norbert Utz, Systems Analyst/Banner Programmer