What do we do?
The Office of Information Technology (OIT) is responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and maintaining information technology, supporting academic programs, student services, and administrative functions at Santa Fe Community College. Our mission is to support students, faculty, and staff in the use of current technologies that enhance and strengthen the learning process.
Hours (During Semester)
Monday – Thursday
7:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
7:30 – 5:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – Noon
Between semesters Monday-Friday
7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
The Service Desk is a unit within User Services which serves students, faculty, and staff at SFCC. The Service Desk provides a primary contact for students, faculty and staff to obtain effective service, support and training, as well as act as a tool for fostering an effective use of information technology in all areas of the campus.
The mission of OIT computer labs is to assure access to computing resources for all college faculty, staff and students by providing conveniently located public computer facilities with up-to-date, well maintained hardware, software and printing services. OIT maintains 25 computer labs with some 500 computers available for academic use.
SFCC protects and safeguards the confidentiality of student information in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations. Access to student information is privileged and is only accessible by employees who require access to discharge their duties and responsibilities. SFCC does not share any information with any third party unless explicitly required. For more information, you may consult the Registrar’s Office for student records, the Financial Aid Office for financial aid related information, and the Office of Information Technology for general information regarding the security of information at SFCC.
- Alex Martinez, Sr. Administrative Assistant
- Charles Thompson, Network Administrator
- Chris Falance, IT Service Desk Technician
- Cori Bergen, Associate CIO
- David Keppel, Senior Network Administrator
- Erica Keppel, Associate Director of IT Projects
- Jeffrey Montoya, Data Base Administrator
- Jeremy Lovato, Chief Information Officer
- John Ketchens, Systems Analyst/Banner Programmer
- Mariano Chavez, Senior Systems Administrator
- Marshall Martinez, AV support Technician
- Mason Kovac, Director of User Services
- Matthew Cebada, Technical Support Specialist
- Norbert Utz, Director of Enterprise Applications
- Richard Rubinstein, Systems Administrator
- Robert Bond, Senior Programmer Analyst
- Rod Hasson, IT Service Desk Technician
- Stevie Smaltz, Sr. IT Support Technician
- Ted Polkinghorn, Sr. Director of Information Systems