Dear SFCC Community,
Welcome to the New Year. I hope your winter break was restful, safe, and rejuvenating. I am writing to share some important information with you as we enter the spring semester.
Like you, I have been closely following news and information about the Coronavirus Omicron variant and its surge through our community. While research suggests that Omicron may be milder for some, it continues to set records for Covid-related hospitalizations and cases – subsequently straining hospitals, school systems, and a wide range of vital support services. Because of this situation, I am sharing with you these important announcements:
- Spring semester will begin remotely on Tues., Jan. 18 with most classes meeting online through Jan. 30.
- If circumstances improve, we will resume on-campus, in-person learning on Mon., Jan. 31.
- Select academic programs that require in-person attendance will be held onsite and are posted here: https://www.sfcc.edu/covid/2022-on-campus-classes/.
- The following departments and organizations are not currently scheduled to switch to exclusively remote learning: Continuing Education and Contract Training; William C. Witter Fitness Education Center and fitness classes; Kids Campus; Santa Fe Higher Education Center and its partners; The MASTERS Program; KSFR Santa Fe Public Radio; La Familia Medical Center Dental Clinic. This is subject to change, so please be on the lookout for updates.
- Main Campus will remain open during regular hours and students can receive assistance online or in person.
- SFCC employees: The campus will remain open and student services must remain operational so that we can provide students the support they need. Please continue to work with your direct supervisors in managing your on-campus schedule.
- The best and quickest way to protect ourselves and each other from Covid and return to a normal routine is to get vaccinated. · The college’s vaccine requirement is in effect. If you are scheduled for in-person classes at any point this semester, please don’t delay in submitting your documentation here: https://www.sfcc.edu/covid/sfcc-health-screener/. For assistance, please contact email@example.com.
- Covid protocols remain in effect, including masks and social distancing.
As we all strive for a return to a more regular routine, I recognize that these adjustments may seem sudden, disappointing, and perhaps difficult. Some of you may feel relief. Either way, please don’t hesitate to reach out to the college for assistance. I thank you deeply for making the adjustments and sacrifice necessary to keep one another safe during these challenging times.
Becky Rowley, Ph.D. President