Dear SFCC Community,
Although we had hoped to resume in-person classes on Monday, I am writing to let you know that the college will extend remote learning at SFCC through Sunday, Feb. 6.
I understand that this is frustrating and tiring. We are so ready to return to campus and our pre-covid way of life. However, cases of the omicron variant remain at high levels in our community and across the state. We will use this next week to monitor its spread and follow trends that indicate when this latest, highly contagious variant will decline. Please continue to be patient as we continue to do our best to prevent further spread of the virus. The college plans to resume on-campus, in-person learning on Mon., Feb. 7.
Please make note that:
- The vaccine requirement is in effect. If you haven’t already done so, submit your proof of vaccination now at sfcc-health-screener. Need help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Covid protocols remain in effect: wear a mask, social distance, wash your hands.
- Students can continue to receive assistance online or in person. We’re here for you!
- Some academic programs require in-person attendance and will be held on site (posted here).
- Main Campus will remain open during regular hours.
- The best and quickest way to protect ourselves and each other from Covid and return to a normal routine is to get vaccinated.
Thank you for your understanding as we navigate the ups and downs of covid. We are committed to welcoming everyone back to campus as soon as it’s safe to do so. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to the college for assistance and support.
Becky Rowley, Ph.D.