Good Afternoon Students!!
Please read below for important information and updates.
Student Voices NEEDED
Please read the important attached letter and flyer from your Student Government Association President, Mr. Ian Widrick Martinez. YOU have been invited to provide your very important input on “Re-Imagining Downtown Santa Fe”. The letter and flyer provide more details, but we are hopeful you will participate.
AVID Research Project
Were you an AVID participant in high school? If so, your input is needed! Please check out the attached flyer for more information.
Celebrate Black History Month and Receive a Starbuck’s Gift Card
Student Government Association is sponsoring Black History Month Trivia Game!-
See the attached spreadsheet for a Black History Month Trivia game! Send all submissions to SGA@sfcc.edu to receive a free Starbucks Gift Card! Submissions will end Friday, February 26. Please include mailing address and ‘A’ number with submission.
As the challenges of student life continue, Counseling Services is here to support you. We are offering online Support and Grief Support Groups. Taking place via a secure video platform for the first half of the spring semester, the groups will begin the week of February 1st and meet for 6 weeks.
Please sign up here or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. We are collecting responses in order to select meeting times. We very much look forward to meeting with you!
1) The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-4pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identifiable proof. Students do not leave your vehicles drive-up, open your trunk and your food will be placed in your trunk.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Spring semester and are experiences some financial challenges? have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 applications are available now.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at email@example.com.
2) Students need to pay their current balance in order to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can request printing jobs through the library. Print your papers and your required reading. All the information you need to place your printing order is here: https://libraryhelp.sfcc.edu/dashboard/covidprinting
Resource of the Week
Sonrisa Family Program
Phone Number: 505-424-6973 | Address: 6321 Jaguar Dr. www.steshelter.org/sonrisa
The Sonrisa Family Program is a program provided by St. Elizabeth’s Shelters and Supporting Housing. The program offers transitional housing for homeless families with children and has eight apartments. Families can stay in the two- or three-bedroom apartments for up to two years while they save funds to move into permanent housing of their own.
At Sonrisa, a program manager works directly with families and their children. Financial counseling, life-skills training, parenting skills, weekly group discussions, and recreational activities are also offered through the program. For more information about the application process and requirements, visit their webpage or call.
Spring Holiday Basket Give Away
Student Government Association will be giving away a box of groceries, a holiday basket filled with goodies and gift cards. Check out the flyer for more information.
St. Patrick’s Day Give Away
Student Government Association will be giving away 78 gift cards in celebration and encouragement of Midterms! Checkout the flyer for more information.
- ENMU Virtual Visit – March 4
Eastern New Mexico University will be hosting a Virtual Visit session from 1 to 2 p.m. Tuesday, March 4. Admissions staff will be available to answer all your questions and can help with the transfer application.
Click here at the scheduled time to join the visit.
If you cannot make this time or prefer a one on one session, feel free to schedule a thirty-minute virtual session to meet with one of our staff members or a fifteen-minute phone call here: https://calendly.com/enmurecruitment or reach out anytime to Michael at 575.562.2182 or Shawn at 575.562.2406.
- Western New Mexico University Transfer Workshop for Interested Teachers March 2
Interested in becoming a teacher? Interested in transferring to and studying at Western New Mexico University? Then plan on attending the upcoming WNMU School of Education Virtual transfer workshop Tuesday, March 2 from 3 to 4 p.m. Representatives from the Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary and Special Education departments, as well as from Admissions and Financial Aid will be available to answer all your questions about transferring and completing a teaching degree. To RSVP and be sent the event Zoom link please reach out to Renee at, Renee.Howard@wnmu.edu.
Enjoy your day!
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College