Good Morning Students!!
Please read below for important information and updates.
St. Patrick’s Day Give Away – TODAY, MARCH 5, 12-2pm
Student Government Association will be giving away gift cards in celebration and encouragement of Midterms! Checkout the flyer for more information.
Student Voices NEEDED
Please read the important attached letter from your Student Government Association President, Mr. Ian Widrick Martinez. YOU have been invited to provide your very important input on “Re-Imagining Downtown Santa Fe”. The letter and flyer provide more details, but we are hopeful you will participate.
As the challenges of student life continue, Counseling Services is here to support you. We are offering online Support and Grief Support Groups. Taking place via a secure video platform for the first half of the spring semester, the groups will begin the week of February 1st and meet for 6 weeks.
Please sign up here or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. We are collecting responses in order to select meeting times. We very much look forward to meeting with you!
1) The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-4pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identifiable proof. Students do not leave your vehicles drive-up, open your trunk and your food will be placed in your trunk.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Spring semester and are experiences some financial challenges? have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 applications are available now.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at email@example.com.
2) Students need to pay their current balance in order to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please fly along with the Library as Lenny Gannes presents “Migrating Songbirds – Small and Mighty” sponsored by the SFCC Library, Tuesday March 9 at 1:00pm. Register to attend: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8Q89R2V. We hope to see you there!
Resource of the Week
Children’s Medical Services – 2040 S Pacheco St, Santa Fe, NM 87505 | Toll Free: 877-890-4692 or 505-476-2603 | www.nmhealth.org/about/phd/fhb/cms
Children’s Medical Services helps pay part of medical bills for special needs children under the age of 21. If a child does not have insurance, they are the second person who pays since they are federally funded under Title 5. CMS provides a safety net for medical services and service coordination. Eligibility is based on income, assets and must be below the poverty level. Must call the local office to ask about the qualification and application process. A location directory can be found on their website. Spanish-speaking staff is available.
Spring Holiday Basket Give Away
Student Government Association will be giving away a box of groceries, a holiday basket filled with goodies and gift cards. Distribution March 31 and April 1. Check out the flyer for more information.
St. Patrick’s Day Give Away – TODAY, MARCH 5, 12-2pm
Student Government Association will be giving away 78 gift cards in celebration and encouragement of Midterms! Checkout the flyer for more information.
- UNM Health Professions Symposium
UNM is hosting its 5th Annual Health Professions Symposium
Saturday, March 6th from 8am to 4pm.
The event will be held virtually and is free and open to any and every student. It will consist of as many as 90 different workshops covering a gamut of topics across all professions in healthcare as well as an information table session where students can meet with representatives from different programs, institutions, and organizations.
For more information and to register please visit, https://hps.unm.edu/
- NNMC Information Session
INFO SESSION VIA ZOOM –
03/25/2021 from 01:00 pm to 03:00
with Northern New Mexico College
Psychology & Liberal Arts Students
Dr.Tara Lopez, Chair of Integrated Studies Program, will present Northern’s Bachelor of Arts degree for students interested in Criminal Justice, Psychology & Humanities
Please email Louise Majorey for the ZOOM Link@ email@example.com
Phenomenal Woman by Maya Angelou:
“Pretty women wonder where my secret lies.
I’m not cute or built to suit a fashion model’s size
But when I start to tell them,
They think I’m telling lies.
It’s in the reach of my arms
The span of my hips,
The stride of my step,
The curl of my lips.
I’m a woman.
Celebrating National Women’s Day!
Enjoy your day!
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College