Good Afternoon Students!!
Please read below for important information and updates.
AVID Research Project
Were you an AVID participant in high school? If so, your input is needed! Please check out the attached flyer for more information.
Celebrate Black History Month and Receive a Starbuck’s Gift Card
Student Government Association is sponsoring Black History Month Trivia Game!-
See the attached spreadsheet for a Black History Month Trivia game! Send all submissions to SGA@sfcc.edu to receive a free Starbucks Gift Card! Submissions will end Friday, February 26. Please include mailing address and ‘A’ number with submission.
As the challenges of student life continue, Counseling Services is here to support you. We are offering online Support and Grief Support Groups. Taking place via a secure video platform for the first half of the spring semester, the groups will begin the week of February 1st and meet for 6 weeks.
Please sign up here or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. We are collecting responses in order to select meeting times. We very much look forward to meeting with you!
1) The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-4pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identifiable proof. Students do not leave your vehicles drive-up, open your trunk and your food will be placed in your trunk.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Spring semester and are experiences some financial challenges? have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 applications are available now.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at email@example.com.
2) Students need to pay their current balance in order to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (firstname.lastname@example.org).
You can request printing jobs through the library. Print your papers and your required reading. All the information you need to place your printing order is here: https://libraryhelp.sfcc.edu/dashboard/covidprinting
Resource of the Week
Youth Shelters and Family Services Street Outreach Program
Phone Number: 505-988-2652 | Address: 402 St. Francis Drive (by Agua Fria) www.youthshelters.org
Youth Shelter and Family Services Street Outreach Program is open Monday through Friday from 10 am to 5 pm and Sunday from 12 pm to 4 pm. The Outreach program serves individuals under the age of 21 who are experiencing homelessness. The program provides food, blankets, backpacks, and sleeping bags if inventory permits. At the same time, they are offering case management and referrals to other programs such as STAR and Life Link.
- Adams State University, February 20th
This month is Free Application February. The $30 application fee will be waived the entire month. If interested in ASU, please apply and send in an official transcript. On February 20th we are having Discover Day. This will allow students to meet with a recruiter, learn about the academic programs, the athletic programs and student life at ASU. If you are interested, Follow the link below to register. https://www.adams.edu/admissions/campus-visit/
- New Mexico Tech Open House Research @ Tech Day February 20
Log on to learn more about all that NM Tech has to offer. Research @ Tech Day is a chance for prospective students and their families to learn more about academic programs from our faculty, as well as various student services such as financial aid, housing, student clubs, and more.
Click below to learn more and to RSVP.
- Northern New Mexico College, February 25
Interested in becoming a Nurse? Then plan on attending Northern New Mexico College’s Nursing Info Session, 1 to 3 p.m. on Thursday, February 25. NNMC Professor and Nursing Program Director, Ellen Trabka, will be present to talk about Northern’s RN to BSN Nursing program and answer all your questions. https://nnmc.edu/home/academics/schools-and-departments/nursing-health/. Please email Louise Majorey for the ZOOM Link @ email@example.com
- Western New Mexico University Transfer Workshop for Interested Teachers March 2
Interested in becoming a teacher? Interested in transferring to and studying at Western New Mexico University? Then plan on attending the upcoming WNMU School of Education Virtual transfer workshop Tuesday, March 2 from 3 to 4 p.m. Representatives from the Early Childhood, Elementary, Secondary and Special Education departments, as well as from Admissions and Financial Aid will be available to answer all your questions about transferring and completing a teaching degree. To RSVP and be sent the event Zoom link please reach out to Renee at, Renee.Howard@wnmu.edu.
Thank you for being YOU!!
Enjoy your day!
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College