Environmental Technician Training Dates
September 10 to October 12, 2018
8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Mondays through Fridays
Join the New Mexico Green Collar Workforce and be a part of keeping your community’s environment clean and safe. Our free 5-week intensive training programs will give you valuable job skills, industry certifications and prepare you for an exciting career within New Mexico’s green economy.
Environmental Technician Training Track:
This 5-week program prepares you to be employed as a technician in the environmental cleanup and investigation fields.
Graduates from our program will obtain federal and state recognized certifications such as, but not limited to:
- General Hazardous Waste Site Worker (HAZWOPER) 40 hour
- CPR and First Aid
- Forklift Operator
- OSHA Construction Standards, 30 hour
Participants who successfully complete the program are eligible for job placement assistance. Most entry-level positions offer benefits with an average starting wage between $12 and $16 per hour.
Please note: Some employers may require health screenings, drug testing and background checks.
If you are interested in applying to the training program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Able to attend the entire 5-week program
- 18 years or older
- Able to lift at least 30 lbs.
- Be unemployed, underemployed or low-income
Frequently asked questions
Environmental Job Training Grant.
- Applicants who will most benefit from this training based on veteran status, employment status, income and other
- Applicants who demonstrate that they are able to complete this training and want to obtain full-time employment in an environmental career
- Applicants must be 18 years
- Space is limited and applicants may be accepted on a first come, first served basis
Family of one: $13,652
Family of Two: $22,373
Family of Three: $30,718
Family of Four: $37,920
Family of Five: $44,746
Family of Six: $52,337
- Ability to lift 30 lbs
- Ability to wear a respirator
- Most jobs we are training for require physical exertion and working in outdoor environments
- There is no drug test or background check for the training program; however some employers may require one.
- SFCC maintains a drug-free environment.