Environmental Technician Training
Register below for the SFCC Environmental Technician Training Session Spring 2023 at the SFCC Higher Education Center located at 1950 Siringo Road, Santa Fe, New Mexico.
Training offered March 27 – April 28, 2023
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Registration Deadline: March 22, 2023
We will contact you with more information about the training.
Do you want a rewarding career in the environmental profession? Santa Fe Community College’s Environmental Technician Job Training Program provides the training, skills, and certifications necessary to enter a wide range of job opportunities in the environmental profession.
Santa Fe Community College received a Environmental Workforce Development and Job Training grant from the US Environmental Protection Agency to provide training to unemployed and under-employed New Mexicans.
Environmental Technician Training Program
This intensive 5-week training program classes and certifications provide certifications and skills for entry level job positions:
- General Hazardous Waste Site Worker (HAZWOPER) 40 hours
- CPR and First Aid
- Forklift Operator (8 hours)
- OSHA Construction Standards, 30 hours
- Confined Space Entry and Non-Entry Rescue (8 hours)
- Solid Waste Management (8 hours)
- Hazardous Waste Management (RCRA) (24 hours)
- Phase I and Phase II Environmental Assessments (16 hours)
- Environmental Sampling (24 hours)
- DOT HazMat (16 hours)
In addition to the 172 hours of training, attendees will meet with environmental employers and Department of Workforce Solutions staff to provide guidance on resume preparation and job interviewing skills.
Participants who successfully complete the program are eligible for job placement assistance.
Most entry-level positions offer benefits with an average starting wage between $16 to $19 per hour.
Note: Employers may require health screenings, drug testing and background checks.
If you are interested in applying to the training program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Be a High School Graduate or GED
- 18 years or older
- Be unemployed, under-employed or low-income
- Be fully vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus
- Able to lift 30 lbs
- Able to attend the entire 5-week program
Frequently asked questions
If you have further questions please contact: