Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there are no swimming or water exercise classes.
SFCC opened beautiful swimming pools in Fall 2005, featuring ozonated sanitation.
- The 8-lane lap pool is 25 yards long and has wheelchair access from a deck-side chair. This pool is specifically designed for swimming and exercise instruction. Beginning February 8, 2021 limited access to the lap pool is available. Registration begins February 4. See below for details.
- The 4-lane warm pool is 25 yards long and has wheelchair access using a pool ramp and water wheelchair. Beginning March 22, limited access to the warm pool is available. Registration begins on March 8. See below for details.
- The 8-person whirlpool offers views of both the lap and warm water pools. The whirlpool remains closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Warm Water Pool: Beginning March 22, 2021, The warm water (water temperature 88-90 degree F) pool (25 yards long) will open be open by appointment. Please follow the registration instructions below as well as the specified COVD-safe guidelines. SFCC will offer three lanes to adhere to the social distancing guidelines. Hours of operation will be 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. through noon on Saturdays. Reservations are for 50-minutes of exercise. There is a $7 fee.
Lap Swimming: Beginning February 8, 2021, the lap pool lanes are available to the public for limited individual appointments that begin on the hour from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8 a.m. to noon on Saturdays. There is a $7 fee.
Participants must be 18-years-of-age or older. Only those with reservations will be allowed inside at their appointment time. No visitors or children will be permitted to enter.
Swimming lap pool appointments are for 50 minutes.
To make an appointment:
Step 1: Create an account at: https://sfcc.timetap.com/#/ (available Feb. 4)
Step 2: Make your lap pool lane appointment (3 appts. max at any time) at that site.
Step 3: Pay $7 for your appointment on the site.
Step 4: Show up for your appointment – enjoy!
Everyone must adhere to safe COVID-19 safety protocols:
- You always need to wear a proper facemask when on SFCC Campus (except when in the water). See face covering guidelines.
- Always maintain at least 6-feet social distancing.
- Your temperature will be taken upon entry of the Fitness Education Center, you will be asked current COVID screening questions.
- No showers and no locker rooms are available, come dressed to swim.
- A limited number of restrooms will be available off the main lobby.
- Please bring your own drinking water.
Leave promptly after your session has ended.
Please respect the facility manager and lifeguards on duty and adhere to their guidelines.
For more information, please contact the Fitness Education Center, 505-428-1751