SFCC Student Employment Office
Santa Fe Community College Student Employment Office provides assistance to students who are looking for employment opportunities while attending college. The student employment experience provides an opportunity for students to practice and learn valuable work-related skills and earn wages to help with educational and personal expenses.
Santa Fe Community College offers on-campus student employment funded by federal and state need-based and non-need-based programs.
Students are not guaranteed employment. Student employees are selected based on eligibility, job availability and an interview process conducted by the hiring department. Student employees can work up to 20 hours per week and earn $15 per hour. Work hours are arranged around semester class schedule.
To be eligible, students must meet the following requirements:
- Must complete a current academic year FAFSA and submit financial aid missing requirements to the Financial Aid Office.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours of degree related coursework in both the fall and spring semesters.
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 3 credit hours of degree related coursework in summer semester.
- Must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP)
- Must be a high school graduate or have a high school equivalency.
- Student’s with a Bachelor’s degree are not eligible for student employment.
If you are interested in student employment, email the Student Employment Office at StudentEmployment@sfcc.edu and include your student ID number. We will be happy to provide additional information and check eligibility.