Different ways you can make a gift: What’s easiest for you?
Are you interested in joining the SFCC supporter family? (We sincerely hope so!) Then you have a menu of options.
(By the way, if none of these options works for you, talk to us. We want to meet your special needs.)
Create a Scholarship
You will change lives every year. Your endowed fund makes it possible for eager students…who cannot otherwise swing the cost…to more ahead with a great education for a well-paying career.
Please know: your endowment doesn’t have to be large. A $10,000 endowment generates $500 in scholarship annually…and often just that small extra amount will make all the difference for a low-income student. Really.
By the way, endowment is permanent…and it’s always growing, thanks to annual reinvestment. It’s a great way for you to establish a permanent legacy that will do more good every year…guaranteed. By the way, exactly the same kind of endowment has been pumping out scholarships for over 750 years, at the University of Oxford.
There’s a saying in Higher Ed: the school with the largest endowment wins. Your endowment can go far to help SFCC win the race for best students, best faculty, best facilities and best education.
See a list of endowed scholarships others have set up to honor family, friends and people they admire.
Make a donation to Santa Fe Community College Foundation by check (made payable to SFCC Foundation); or by credit card, by calling (505) 428-1855.
Stocks or Bonds
Appreciated stocks and bonds can be used to make an outright gift or to endow a scholarship. Using appreciated securities to make a gift allows you to avoid paying capital gains tax on its appreciation. You will need to contact your stockbroker to make this gift to the SFCC Foundation. Contact Deborah Boldt, at (505) 428-1704 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain a copy of our wire instructions, which has our routing and DTC number.
Donate art, books, equipment, vehicles or other property. Please check with us before making such a gift to ensure that your gift meets our needs and your objectives.
IRA Charitable Rollover
Donors age 70.5 or older are eligible to move up to $100,000 from their IRAs directly to a qualified charity such as SFCC Foundation without having to pay income taxes on the money. (This gift is not tax deductable.) Qualified distributions must be made by December 31 of a given tax year. To make this gift, contact your plan administrator to initiate the transfer. See below for our name, address, and federal tax identification number.
The following are other giving opportunities that can be made during your lifetime or through your will or trust:
- Make an outright gift of appreciated property, such as real estate or securities.
- Name SFCC Foundation as beneficiary of a life insurance policy, individual retirement plan, living trust, or checking account.
- Fund a charitable gift annuity that will provide one or two individuals income for life.
- Establish a charitable remainder trust that will provide one or two individuals with a variable or fixed income for life or a number of years. (Not clear how this option or the one above are beneficial to SFCC.)
- Establish a charitable lead trust that will provide the SFCC Foundation with a variable or fixed income for a number of years, and then the trust’s principal plus appreciation passes to an individual’s loved ones.
- Name SFCC Foundation as beneficiary of a will or living trust using the following language:
- I hereby give and bequeath ____($_____, or_____percent of the rest, remainder and residue of my estate) to Santa Fe Community College Foundation, a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charitable foundation, located at 6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Federal tax ID #20-1594570.
- To name Santa Fe Community College Foundation a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or individual retirement plan, you must obtain and complete a Change of Beneficiary Form from the plan administrator using the following information:
- Our name: Santa Fe Community College Foundation
- Our address: 6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508
- Federal Tax ID#: 20-1594570
Santa Fe Community College Foundation is a 501(c) (3) organization and all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact Deborah Boldt, Executive Director, at (505) 428-1704, email@example.com.