How do I know if I can graduate?
Visit with an advisor, then submit your petition to graduate via MySFCC (student portal). You will find the petition on MySFCC under the Student tab then under student resources. The advisor will review it, then forward it on to the Dean for a second review, which will then be forwarded to the Registrar’s Office for approval. You will be notified by email with the status of your petition to graduate which will be sent to you from the Registrar’s office.
What are the General Requirements?
- The student must maintain an overall cumulative GPA of a 2.0 or higher
- Must complete all required course work
- No course numbered below 111 is acceptable for graduation
- A grade of “C” or better is required for degree requirements
- Transfer credit may be used toward graduation requirements as recommended by the faculty with the following requirements and/or guidelines:
- Residency requirement: Transfer students must earn at least one-quarter of the total number of required credits (nine credits hours minimum) for the degree or certificate at SFCC. (This shall include a minimum of one-quarter of the core requirements)
- Technical or occupational courses accepted in transfer may, with the approval of the appropriate dean, be substituted for SFCC course requirements.
- A GPA for all courses accepted in transfer and for those used to meet graduation requirements must equal a 2.0 or higher.
- Academic honors recognition is based on undergraduate coursework completed the term before Commencement.
- Students who have completed at least 25 percent of their required course work at SFCC have passed a cumulative of 16 credits and whose cumulative GPA falls within a certain range will graduate with honors.
- A notation to that effect will appear on the student’s transcript
Honors categories are as follows:
3.50 to 3.74 Honors
3.75 to 3.99 High Honors
4.0 Highest Honors