Registered Student Club or Organization
Modified: April 24, 2018
is a College-sponsored group that provides students the opportunity to share interests in academic or extracurricular activities. Involvement in clubs and organizations supports student retention and encourages engagement on and off campus. Students interact with peers and campus community members to pursue these interests and develop lifelong skills.
Requirements for becoming a Registered Club or Organization:
1. Must be comprised of seven or more students who are registered in at least one credit hour (audit or credit),
2. Must have a sponsor who is a part- or full-time SFCC faculty or staff member.
3. Officers and advisers must attend orientation, and
4. Must comply with SFCC policies and procedures.
In addition, a Registered Club:
1. Must submit an application with the Office of Student Development, and
2. Is eligible for funding from the Student Government Association.
A Registered Student Organization is not eligible for funding through the Student Government Association unless they choose to become a Registered Student Club.