Welcome to SFCC’s Dual Credit Distance Learning Page! We’re here to help.
- For trouble logging in, call the OIT Service Desk at 428-1222.
- For online learning assistance, contact Online Teaching & Learning at 505-428-1166, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For dual credit questions, contact:
- Niki McKay, Dual Credit Specialist
- Daniela Gurule, Student Admissions Counselor
- Marcos Maez, Director of Recruitment & Dual Credit
- For online tutoring support, contact Interim Tutoring Director Robert Gutierrez
I do not remember my A number. How do I find it?
Contact the SFCC Help Desk at (505) 428-1222 or by email at email@example.com. Inform them you are a Dual Credit student and provide them with your DOB. You might also be asked one or more of the following questions to confirm your identity: home address, phone number, classes you are currently enrolled in, and courses you have taken previously.
How do I get “ My SFCC” username and password?
If you have forgotten your SFCC username or password please contact the SFCC Help Desk at (505) 428-1222 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be asked to provide your DOB and A number. If you do not know your A number, you might be asked one or more of the following questions to confirm your identity: home address, phone number, classes you are currently enrolled in, and courses you have taken previously.
How do I access canvas?
Log on to your MY SFCC account. Under applications please click on Canvas. You will then be instructed to reenter your MY SFCC username and password. You will then be directed to your Canvas account and should be able to access your class and or classes.
Who do I contact for questions with Dual Credit?
Please feel free to contact any of the dual credit team members with questions. We are happy to help and our contact information is below:
- Niki McKay, Dual Credit Specialist: email@example.com
- Daniela Gurule, Student Admissions Counselor: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marcos Maez, Director of Recruitment & Dual Credit: email@example.com
How do I drop or withdraw from a Dual Credit class?
Please email either Dual Credit Specialist Niki McKay at firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Recruitment & Dual Credit Marcos Maez at email@example.com. Please make sure to also inform your high school counselor that you will be dropping or withdrawing from your class as well.
Will my in-person class be changed to an online format?
Please check directly with your instructor. You should be able to find your instructor’s information on the class syllabus that was provided to you in class. If you are unable to find your instructor’s contact information, please email either Dual Credit Specialist Niki McKay at firstname.lastname@example.org or Director of Recruitment & Dual Credit Marcos Maez at email@example.com
How can I check my midterm grade?
Please log on to your MY SFCC student account. Once you are logged in please click on the “Student Records” tab located near the top of the page. You will then be directed to your student records page. The third option is “Midterm Grades”. Please click to access your midterm grade(s) for your current semester.
What are the drop/withdraw deadlines?
These have not yet changed, but changes are expected. We will update this as soon as further information is available.
All courses that have a Canvas component now have access to the Brainfuse tutoring service.
Here are the steps to access Brainfuse
- Go to the links on the left side of the home page of the Canvas course.
- Brainfuse online tutoring is listed at the bottom.
- Click on this link.
- On the top will show “Welcome to Brainfuse Online Tutoring.”
- Click on the blue button to “Launch Brainfuse.”
- Also helpful is a 6:49 minute video giving an overview of Brainfuse and how to navigate through this online tutoring service.
For assistance, contact Interim Tutoring Director Robert Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org.