Spring 2019: May 13 – June 1, 2019
Course # LS422 01/CRN 31283
Instructors: Bernadette Jacobs and Diane Tintor
Experience a memorable journey of travel and learning. From Daedalus who fashioned wings of wax for his son, Icarus, to the abduction of Persephone by the Lord of the Underworld, the myth and culture of Sicily is rich in beauty and ancient culture.
Begin this extraordinary experience with a week-long class on SFCC’s campus that focuses on the influence of the classical Greek archetypes and their mythic patterns on human experience and behavior. Discover the powerful inner forces of the archetypes personified by Greek gods, goddesses and heroes.
Then the trip begins! Start in Palermo and move on to Syracuse, Agrigento, Gardini Naxos, Taormina, at the base of Mount Etna, and Reggio di Calabria before continuing on to mainland Italy where we will visit Sorrento, Paestum, Herculaneum and Naples.
Cost per person: $2,999 for double occupancy or $3,409 for single occupancy plus registration fee of $499.
Deposit of $500 and registration fee of $499 is due at registration.
Included in the cost of the trip are
- Hotels (12 nights) and all breakfasts
- Welcome and farewell dinners and dinner in Taormina
- Transportation: bus tours in Sicily and Italy, ferry boat ticket
- Transfer back to Rome’s Fiumicino airport for departure
- Local licensed guides and escorts in Sicily and Sorrento
- Special cultural visits such as visit to a mozzarella factory
- 24-hour assistance from local reps in Sicily, Sorrento and Rome
(Does NOT include your flight to and from Rome or from Rome to Palermo)
For more information please contact Continuing Education 505-428-1676