Good Morning Students!!
Congratulations on making it through the mid-point of your Spring semester! Take some time to enjoy your well-deserved Spring Break. Please remember the campus and online services will not be open or available March 15-21.
Please read below for important information and updates.
Student Voices NEEDED – March 24
Please read the important attached letter from your Student Government Association President, Mr. Ian Widrick Martinez. YOU have been invited to provide your very important input on “Re-Imagining Downtown Santa Fe”. The letter and flyer provide more details, but we are hopeful you will participate.
1) The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-4pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identifiable proof. Students do not leave your vehicles drive-up, open your trunk and your food will be placed in your trunk.
Campus Cupboard will not distribute on Friday, March 19 due to SPRING BREAK CLOSURE. Please contact your Student Resource Coordinator, Jocelyn at firstname.lastname@example.org for community resources to access during spring break.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Spring semester and are experiences some financial challenges? have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of thttps://www.sfcc.edu/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/El-Mirador-Hiring-Event.pdfuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 applications are available now.
El Mirador is sponsoring a hiring event for Direct Health Providers on March 18. Check out the flyer for more details.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at email@example.com.
2) Students need to pay their current balance in order to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please fly along with the Library as Lenny Gannes presents “Migrating Songbirds – Small and Mighty” sponsored by the SFCC Library, Tuesday March 9 at 1:00pm. Register to attend: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/8Q89R2V. We hope to see you there!
Masterplan Visioning Summit
Your voice matters!! We would like to include you in our upcoming Visioning Summit and hope you can participate. Please see the details below. If you are interested, please send an email to Andrea Muller (information below).
Please join us in an important and pivotal stage in the Development of an Institutional Masterplan for SFCC. The design and planning team will lead SFCC community stakeholders through a (2) day virtual workshop to discuss and ideate around the core issues and concerns for SFCC now and into the future. The purpose of the workshop is to bring many voices to the table to gain a broad view of the issues and values surrounding the college. The workshop brings together SFCC administration, faculty, staff and students together with significant Santa Fe community members and the team of design professionals.
Specific details of the workshop are currently in the planning phase and meanwhile, we would like you to hold (2) half-days in March for this work. The workshop will be guided and will include:
· Master plan process overview
· Trends for Higher Education campuses
· Break-out Sessions
· And Breaks in between!
Dates and times include:
March 23 9:30-1:30
March 24 9:30-1:30
As the plan evolves over the course of the next few months we will reach out with additional questions and follow-up. Thank you in advance for your participation in this exciting event.
Please RSVP to Andrea Mueller (email@example.com) with your availability to attend or with any additional questions. If you are not able to attend, please suggest a representative for your organization. Check out flyer for more details.
Resource of the Week
Bienvenidos Food Pantry 1511 5th St, Santa Fe, NM 87505 | 505-986-0583 | www.bienvenidosfoodpantry.org
Bienvenidos offers sack lunches Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 1 pm. There are no requirements or restrictions for this service. Also, a grocery box is distributed Monday through Thursday from 8 am to 1 pm. A photo ID and proof of address are required to sign up for this service. Spanish-speaking staff and volunteers are available.
Bienvenidos ofrece almuerzos de lunes a jueves de 8 am a 1 pm. No existen requisitos ni restricciones para este servicio. Además, se distribuye una caja de comestibles de lunes a jueves de 8 am a 1 pm. Se requiere una identificación con foto y un comprobante de domicilio para inscribirse en este servicio. Hay personal y voluntarios que hablan español.
For more information about this and other resources, visit
Para obtener más información sobre este y otros recursos, visite www.sfcc.edu/student-resources-2/
Spring Holiday Basket Give Away
Student Government Association will be giving away a box of groceries, a holiday basket filled with goodies and gift cards. Distribution March 31 and April 1. Check out the flyer for more information.
Student Government Association
Call for the 2021-2022 academic year nominations begins March 22. Don’t wait, get involved and make a difference. See flyer for more details.
- Grand Canyon University
Check out the attached document from Grand Canyon University which lists all their online programs and contact information.
- NNMC Information Session
INFO SESSION VIA ZOOM –
03/25/2021 from 01:00 pm to 03:00
with Northern New Mexico College
Psychology & Liberal Arts Students
Dr.Tara Lopez, Chair of Integrated Studies Program, will present Northern’s Bachelor of Arts degree for students interested in Criminal Justice, Psychology & Humanities
Please email Louise Majorey for the ZOOM Link@ firstname.lastname@example.org
- Northern Arizona University Virtual Visit, March 24
Northern Arizona University will be hosting a virtual visit Wednesday, March 24th from 10am to 1pm.
To join the Zoom meeting click on the link below.
For questions about all that NAU has to offer please email Joey Mack at, email@example.com, https://nau.edu/
“Fresh spring morning time.
That’s the sound of solitude,
the presence of peace.”
– Billy R. Warner
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College