President Becky Rowley congratulates graduates at the Fall 2019 (Dec.) Commencement Ceremony. The Spring 2020 Commencement is a virtual commencement ceremony
344 Santa Fe Community College (New Mexico) Spring graduates are eligible to receive 374 awards. 24 students will receive more than one award. Of those awards: 237 are for certificates and 137 are for associate degrees.
- 73.4 percent are from Santa Fe; 5.5 percent from Albuquerque, 2.4 percent from Pecos, 1.7 from Rio Rancho, 1.4 percent from Española. The remaining graduates are from 36 communities around the state (ranging from Alamogordo to Zuni) with the highest concentration from Northern New Mexico.
- The graduates range in age from 16 to 77.
- Almost half (48.8 percent) self-identify as Latino/Hispanic, and 12.8 percent identify themselves as American Indian or Alaska Native.
- 13 graduates identify themselves as military veterans, military spouses or dependents of military veterans.
- Several awards are being given for the first time at the college this year, including Advanced Dental Assisting Skills Certificate (3), Alcohol and Drug Abuse Counseling Certificate (2) and Application Development Certificate (1).
- The highest number of awards are in: Nursing Assistant Certificate (44), Early Childhood Development Certificate (26), Nursing, A.A.S (14) and Human Services A.A (12).
- The associate degrees to be awarded include Associate in Arts (57) Associate in Applied Arts (3), Associate in Science (65) and Associate in Applied Science (12).