We are starting a new cohort for the Massage Therapy Program Spring 2021 with online courses! See the link below to apply. Contact Ute Jannsen-Kerr at email@example.com or call 505-428-1420 for more information.
The Massage Therapy program prepares individuals to provide relief and improved well-being to clients using the application of manual techniques for manipulating skin, muscles, and connective tissue. The program includes coursework in anatomy, physiology, pathology and kinesiology as it pertains to massage therapy. Includes instruction in contraindications, self-care, professional standards, business practice and ethics. Graduates will be eligible to take the Massage and Bodywork Licensing Examination (MBLEX) in order to qualify for NM State licensure.
Prospective candidates for the Massage Therapy Program must be 18 years of age and have a High School Diploma or the equivalent.
Candidates’ applications will be reviewed by the Director who will schedule interviews with the candidates. Candidates will be informed of their acceptance to the program by email and a letter of acceptance or denial will be mailed to a physical address.
Program Learning Outcomes
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate will:
- Plan and conduct an effective massage and bodywork session for therapeutic benefits.
- Apply evidence-based practices of massage therapy within the scope of practice.
- Demonstrate skills in developing ethical professional relationships with clients and interdisciplinary health care teams.
- Identify effective business practice strategies for massage therapists.
- Implement strategies for self-care, personal health and wellness, and on-going professional development.