Thank you for your interest in Santa Fe Community College. SFCC offers scholarships that are based on a variety of factors or criteria specified by the donor. Scholarships are considered part of SFCC’s financial aid program and awards; therefore, the Financial Aid Office may reduce other aid already approved to prevent giving financial assistance in excess of unmet need (over-awarding) if a scholarship is awarded.
The general eligibility requirements for all SFCC scholarships include:
- Enrollment of no fewer that six credit hours
- Term and Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or higher
- Declared Major
- Completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) www.fafsa.ed.gov
Choose from the links below to view scholarship options:
- Santa Fe Community College Scholarships
- Road to Success and New Mexico Lottery Scholarships
- External Scholarships
- Scholarship Resources
A quick overview of Financial Aid scholarships and information is available on the fliers below: ( PDF format)
- SFCC Scholarship Information (English & Spanish)
- Road to Success and Lottery Scholarship Information (English)
- Road to Success and Lottery Scholarship Information (Spanish)
- General Financial Aid Information (English)
- General Financial Aid Information (Spanish)
Students Helping Students Emergency Financial Assistance
Students Helping Students is an emergency financial assistance program funded by the generous donations of SFCC students, faculty and staff. Its purpose is to provide emergency financial assistance for continuing SFCC students who are facing unforeseen circumstances which may prevent them from coming to school.
To apply for emergency funding students must meet the following criteria:
- Students must have previously completed at least two semesters at SFCC.
- Students must live in New Mexico.
- Students must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours for credit and be making Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- Students must be degree seeking.
- Students must have an unforeseen circumstance that could not reasonably be planned for that could keep them from coming to SFCC.
- Documentation is required for all emergency financial assistance requests.
Students Helping Students emergency funding applications are only available when classes are in session. The application for the fall 2016 semester will be available starting 8/22/2016. You may drop by the Financial Aid Office in Room 202 of the Welcome and Advising Center or email firstname.lastname@example.org from your SFCC email account to request an application.
Additional important information:
- Emergency assistance awards may not exceed a student’s unmet need.
- Examples of eligible expenses include: housing/rent, food/meals, medical/dental expenses, personal automobile expenses or public transportation expenses, utilities or child care.
- Examples of ineligible expenses include: legal fees, tobacco, alcohol, and entertainment expenses including gambling.
- Awards are limited to $200 maximum. Students are limited to one award. If you have previously received Students Helping Students assistance you are not eligible to apply.
- Every student is considered for emergency assistance without regard toward race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender or citizenship status. Assistance is based solely on the criteria specified in the application.
Please remember to take advantage of Santa Fe Community College’s counseling, advising and support services by visiting the Academic Advising page.
Please note other community resources available to SFCC students.
Go to a listing of community resources…
To E-mail Financial Aid:
Federal regulations require that all financial aid inquiries come from your school e-mail address. Please e-mail all financial aid questions from your SFCC email account.
Log into JACK, access email account in upper right hand corner, and create a new email using “email@example.com” in the address bar.
For more information please contact the Financial Aid office, 505-428-1268.