SFCC offers a variety of scholarships based on students’ needs and donor requirements. Scholarships are considered part of SFCC’s financial aid program. The Financial Aid Office may reduce other aid already approved to prevent giving financial assistance in excess of unmet need.
The City of Santa Fe partnered with the SFCC Foundation to provide scholarships for Veterans who do not have access to Veterans Education benefits and their dependents. Scholarship awards are up to $2,000 per semester for full time enrollment.
- Applicants must be high school graduates or have received their High School Equivalency
- Applicants must be a Veteran or Veteran’s dependent. (Dependents can include Veterans’ grandchildren)
- Applicants must be New Mexico residents
- Applicants must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours for the fall 2022 semester
- Applicants must be making Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Applicants must have a 2.5 term OR cumulative GPA. New SFCC students are eligible for funding*
- Funds will be prioritized for students who are within three semesters of completing their degree
- Funds will also be prioritized for students without access to additional financial aid
- Applicants must file a 2022-2023 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- Applicants must be declared in a major that is eligible for financial aid
- Applicants must attach a 300-500 word essay that describes your educational goals and how this funding will help you achieve them
- Applicants’ applications must be signed by SFCC’s VA Certifying Official verifying your application was screened and you are not eligible for Veterans’ education benefits.
- Applicants must provide a current degree plan and be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours from that plan.
- Applicants must provide a copy of your DD214 or your parent’s/spouse’s/grandparent’s DD214. If you need assistance obtaining this document contact the Veterans Resource Center at (505) 428-1305, email email@example.com .
- Recipients are limited to the equivalent of 3 academic years of awards (9 consecutive semesters) or until they graduate; whichever comes first.
The application for the 2022-2023 academic year is open! The deadline to apply is August 1, 2021. Applications will be accepted after August 1, 2022 and will be processed on a first-come, first-serve basis as long as funding is available. Click Here to Apply Now!
Contract for Better Tomorrow is a performance based scholarship which helps students complete and graduate from one of SFCC’s certificate or associate degree programs. The Domanica Foundation, Santa Fe Community College and the SFCC Foundation collectively support the CBT program and its recipients.
Eligibility requirements for participation in CBT:
- demonstrate financial need as determined by the FAFSA.
- receive financial aid through SFCC (students may not receive financial aid through other schools).
- be a first generation college student
- have a high school or GED diploma or have received the international equivalent of a high school degree.
- be first-time degree seeking student who has not received a two year or four year degree prior to CBT participation.
- currently enrolled in at least 9 credit hours at SFCC.
- International students are eligible!
The application for the 2022-2023 academic year is open! Click Here to Apply Now!
To E-mail Financial Aid:
Federal regulations require that all financial aid inquiries come from your school e-mail address. Please e-mail all financial aid questions from your SFCC email account.
Log into MySFCC access the email application section ‘Gmail for Students’, and create a new email using “firstname.lastname@example.org” in the address bar.
For more information please contact the Financial Aid office, 505-428-1268.