Pay your tuition and fees online 24/7.
It’s fast, convenient and secure!
Log into MY SFCC.
Click on the Pay Now link.
Click the Pay My Bill button.
A new window will open up for payments, click Make Payment at the top.
Click Make Payment again.
Choose Pay by Term and click on the term you wish to pay. Then click Continue. In the Payment method screen select payment method (check, credit or debit card or account you saved previously), and then enter the information required. Then click Continue.
Review the information in the Confirmation screen and then click the Submit payment and the next screen will give a printable receipt.
Note: if you are using a debit card and getting an error message go back to the payment method screen, input the credit card number and select to process as “credit”.
How It Works
Payment Plans are set up online and are available through census date.
A down payment is required to set up the payment plan.
** Payment Plans are subject to change.**
A $15 setup fee is required and is non-refundable
Books purchased with a voucher at the Barnes and Noble Bookstore will be included in the payment plan up to $500.00.
If the account changes (classes are dropped or added, books purchased, etc.) after the payment plan has been set up, the plan will be recalculated.
Fall and Spring Semesters
Down payment 25% of the total bill, and three (3) monthly payments.
*You must have a balance for tuition of $140.00 or more to set up a payment plan.
Up to the first payment deadline Down payment 40% of the total bill, and two (2) monthly payments.
*You must have a balance for tuition of $170.00 or more to set up a payment plan.
After the first payment deadline.
Down payment 50% of the total bill, and one (1) monthly payment.
*You must have a balance for tuition of $200.00 or more to set up a payment plan.
- Log into MY SFCC.
- Click on the Pay Now.
- Click the Pay My Bill button.
- Click on Payment Plans at the top.
- Click on Enroll Now.
- Click on Select Term drop down, and select term click Select.
- Review the payment plan information and click Continue.
- In the Schedule Payment Plan screen review the information and click Display Schedule.
- The next screen will show your charges, down payment amount and your installments. Click either “YES” or “NO” to set up automatic payments (it will not let you leave the screen without selecting one).
- Click Continue.
- In the Plan Enrollment screen enter the payment information and select Submit to make the down payment and complete the payment plan agreement.
Set up a Refund Profile and get your financial aid refunds deposited directly into your bank account 3-5 business days after being processed by the Cashier’s Office. Before setting up your direct deposit you will need to set up a MFA (Multi Factor Authentication). To do, so please follow the instructions below.
- Log into MY SFCC .
- Click on the Pay Now link.
- Click the Pay My Bill button.
- Click on My Profile at the top or Security Settings on the right side of the screen.
- Choose how you want to receive the MFA and Save
- Click Refunds at the top or Electronic Refunds on the right side of the screen
- Click Set up Account, this will prompt the system to send you a verification code to enter into the box. Once the code is entered it will allow you to set up a direct deposit account.
- Next to Account Type select Checking or Savings in the drop down box.
- Fill out the Bank Account Information form and click Continue (you will need your routing number and account number from your bank; you cannot use a debit or credit card for E-Refunds.)
- Review the information. Click I Agree after confirming your account information is correct.
- Click Continue to save.
Contact the Cashier’s Office at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-428-1211
Avoid Delinquent Accounts
A delinquent account will cause denial of privileges and services offered by the college and its affiliates, including but not limited to the New Mexico Educational Assistance Foundation. They also will be subject in the future to the withholding of:
- Deferred payment plan participation
- Child care services
- Student Accessibility services (tutoring, ADA assistance, etc.)
- Locker rentals
- Other services offered by the college.
All account balances must be paid in full before students are allowed to graduate.