Image below represents attendees’ responses to the following question…
Santa Fe Community College presented the inaugural Distributed Energy Systems Workforce – Virtual Summit on September 10th and 11th, 2020.
This online workshop focused on emerging workforce education, training, and job opportunities in Distributed Energy Systems Workforce Summit (such as Battery Energy Storage Systems, solar + storage, smart buildings, microgrids, and the evolving smart grid). The goals for the immersive event were to:
- Inform other institutions of exciting developments in this area at SFCC
- Share and diffuse information, expertise, and coursework to those interested
- Build a state-wide network in the domain to support Primarily Undergraduate Institutions working in this area
- Gather input from industry on workforce needs, and assist all institutions in creating workforce in distributed energy
- Share rich-media content that can also be used in workforce training and outreach, to broaden the community and increase insight and engagement
Virtual Summit participants included representatives of New Mexico’s Primarily Undergraduate Institutions, research universities, National Laboratories, utilities, industry, and state agencies.
The Distributed Energy Systems Workforce Summit provided an opportunity to learn about SFCC’s Smart and Microgrid Training Center, which has established a program and hired a full-time faculty member to develop curricula, degrees, and certifications in this critical aspect of grid modernization, including virtual guided tours of SFCC’s new distributed energy facilities.
Below you will find links to Zoom video recordings of the full Distributed Energy Systems Workforce Summit; the virtual tour of the SFCC facilities; and downloads of the speaker presentations, the Summit agenda, and speaker biographies.
Please join us for the next Distributed Energy Systems Workforce Summit in 2021!
2020 Distributed Energy Systems Workforce Summit Recap and Presentations.
- Overview of SFCC’s Distributed Energy Systems Workforce Summit and programs
- Watch a recording of the 2020 Distributed Energy Systems Workforce Summit presentations.
- See a complete summary of the 2020 conference.
- Abbas Akhil Keynote Presentation
- Frank Currie, The SFCC Smart & Microgrid Training Center Presentation
- Andy Mackey ESAMTAC Presentation
- Erin Sanborn KCEC Presentation
- Selena Connealy, The NM EPSCoR SMART Grid Center Presentation
- Olga Lavrova, Emera Technologies and BlockEnergy Presentation
- Gary Oppedahl, Emera Technologies and BlockEnergy Presentation
- Taiyoko Sadewic, Positive Energy Solar Presentation