Need help filing your taxes?
Location: Santa Fe Higher Education Center, 1950 Siringo Rd., 2nd Floor, Rooms 205 and 207
Start Date: Monday, February 3, 2020
End Date: Wednesday, April 15, 2020
Days of operation: Monday, Tuesday and Saturday by appointment
Hours of operation: Monday and Tuesday: 8:15 am – 4:30 pm, Saturday: 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
Holiday or other closures: AARP Foundation will not provide services during times that the Santa Fe HEC is closed due to holidays or weather delays. Appointments that are impacted by weather closures will be rescheduled. The Santa Fe HEC will be closed for spring break from March 14-March 22 and for the spring holiday on April 10-April 11.
Contact: Questions? Please call (505) 428-1780
Appointments are required and may be scheduled starting January 10, 2020.
- Appointments are required and may be made online or in person. To schedule an appointment online, click HERE.
- In-person appointments may be made at the HEC, second floor, only on days taxes are being prepared. HEC staff are not able to schedule appointments on behalf of AARP Foundation.
- Individual appointments must be made for each member of a household or group that is filing a return and for each prior year return.
What you should bring:
- Copy of prior year return, if available
- Photo ID the primary filers
- Social Security Card or ITINs for both parents and children
- Social Security year end statement
- Market Place insurance documents (1095-A), if applicable
- Income documents: W-2s; 1099’s for retirement income or self-employment; interest, dividend, stock or CD sales; Unemployment (W2-G) form; gambling wins (related loss information)
- List and supporting documents for expenses: child care, college or vocational training (1098-T), medical expenses not covered by insurance – including mileage, charity donations, property tax bills or receipts and mortgage interest paid
- To have your refund direct deposited bring bank routing and account numbers
- For married filing jointly returns, both individuals must be available to sign documents
The AARP Foundation Tax Aide Program cannot prepare returns that include (these are Out of Scope):
- Rental income
- Self-employment returns with expenses of $25,000 or more, home office deduction, employees, inventory or operating loss
- Married Filing Separately
- Royalty income with associated expenses
- Casualty loss
Beginning February 3, 2020 and continuing through April 15, 2020, AARP Foundation is providing free tax assistance and preparation through its Tax-Aide program. AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free tax assistance and preparation service. The services are provided by volunteers from the community. This year the Higher Education Center is the only AARP Foundation Tax Aide site in Santa Fe. Other programs are providing tax preparation services at other locations.
With the change in location, the Program will require appointments.
To make an appointment click HERE.
For information please call 505-428-1780, leave a message and a volunteer will return your call.