Need help filing your taxes?
Location: Santa Fe Higher Education Center, 1950 Siringo Rd., 2nd Floor, Rooms 205 and 207
Start Date: Monday, February 4, 2019
End Date: Monday, April 15, 2019
Days of operation: Monday, Tuesday and Saturday
Hours of operation: Monday and Tuesday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm, Saturday: 9:00 am – 1:00 pm
Holiday or other closures: Any holidays observed by the HEC; will also follow HEC weather delays or closures (appointments affected by weather delays or closures will be re-scheduled)
Appointments are required and may be made NOW!
- Appointments may be made today online at https://aarpvolunteer.force.com/vtm/apex/AppointmentScheduler?locationId=a1r1N00000YvJn3
- By phone: 505-946-3615 (leave a message and volunteer will return the call)
- Individual appointments will be made for each member of a household or group that is filing a return
What you should bring:
- Copy of prior year return, if available
- Photo ID the primary filers
- Social Security Card or ITINs for both parents and children
- Social Security year end statement
- Proof of health insurance
- Income documents: W-2s; 1099’s for retirement income or self-employment; interest, dividend, stock or CD sales; Unemployment (W2-G) form; Gambling win/loss documents from casinos
- List and supporting documents for expenses: child care, college or vocational training, medical expenses not covered by insurance – including mileage, charity donations, property tax bills or receipts (Santa Fe and Los Alamos County only) and mortgage interest paid
- To have your refund direct deposited, bring a blank check or savings card
- For married filing jointly returns, both individuals must be available to sign documents
The AARP Foundation Tax Aide Program cannot prepare returns that include (these are Out of Scope):
- Rental income
- Self-employment returns with expenses of $25,000 or more, home office deduction, employees, inventory or operating loss
- Married Filing Separately
- Royalty income with associated expenses
- Casualty loss
Beginning February 4, 2019 and continuing through April 15, 2019, AARP Foundation is providing free tax assistance and preparation through its Tax-Aide program. AARP Foundation Tax-Aide is the nation’s largest free tax assistance and preparation service. The services are provided by volunteers from the community. This year the Higher Education Center is the only AARP Foundation Tax Aide site in Santa Fe. Other programs are providing tax preparation services at other locations.
With the change in location, the Program will require appointments.
To make an appointment:
For individuals who have no access to the internet please call 505-946-3615 to make an appointment, leave a message and a volunteer will return your call. Some walk-ins may be served each day depending on number of available volunteers.