Dear Students, below are your weekly updates!
SPRING 2022 Early Registration
Early registration for Spring for students who have 30 or more credits begins on November 8. All students regardless of credit hours completed may register on November 9. Students must have their current students balance paid for in full. Students should schedule their appointment with their professional academic advisor as soon as possible. Contact an advisor at Academic Advising at 505-428-1275 or firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an online appointment through bookings at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/AcademicAdvising@sfccnm.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/.
Petition to Graduate
Are you in your final semester completing all your degree requirements? If so, today is your final opportunity to submit your information so you can be included in the Fall 2021 virtual commencement. For assistance completing your Petition to Graduate, contact your professional academic advisor by phone at 505-428-1275 or email at email@example.com. You may also schedule an appointment at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/AcademicAdvising@sfccnm.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
Are you the first in your family to attend college? Do you know someone who is? Come out and join us in celebrating all First Generation college students on Monday, November 8. We will have snacks, drinks, and photo opportunities! Click the link for more information: https://my.sfcc.edu/app/Connect/Connect?key=617ec3c4acd2920006722fa6
NEW!! UAchieve Degree Audit Tool
We are excited to announce your new degree audit tool, uAchieve. uAchieve offers you an in-depth view to your academic program requirements, completion, and many other important tools to help keep you on track to fulfilling your academic goals. uAchieve is available for you through MYSFCC. Once you are logged in to MYSFCC click on the Degree Audit – uAchieve link you will be directed to your personal degree program and academic record. For assistance with uAchieve, please contact your academic advisor at 505-428-1275 or firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an online appointment through bookings at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/AcademicAdvising@sfccnm.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/.
Students do not miss your opportunity to receive $250 for being fully vaccinated. Visit this link for more information and directions on how to upload your information for eligibility consideration. https://www.sfcc.edu/vaxaid/ Now available for dual credit students.
|Covid VaxAid – Santa Fe Community College – sfcc.edu Covid VaxAid en Español If you are fully vaccinated: Not fully vaccinated: You can get fully vaccinated and become eligible for VaxAid. Go to www.sfcc.edu|
Fall 2021 SFCC Commencement will be a virtual event. The event will be on December 11 at 10 a.m. A link for the event will be provided soon! Students will have until November 5 to submit their petition to graduate and to be included in the virtual ceremony. Please contact email@example.com for further information.
Spring 2022 priority registration begins November 8. The schedule of classes will be available for you to view on October 25, 12pm. Schedule your appointment TODAY with your academic advisor to discuss your program requirements and scheduling needs!
1) Contact an advisor at Academic Advising at 505-428-1275 or firstname.lastname@example.org or schedule an online appointment through bookings at https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/AcademicAdvising@sfccnm.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/.
2) Registration is at sfcc.edu. Interested students are encouraged to contact
SFCC’s Welcome and Advising Center at 505-428-1270.
The Campus Cupboard (room 302E) is offering FREE FOOD this Fall Semester each Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2-4pm for in-person pick-up. Students can visit weekly during open hours to select their own products or pick-up a prepacked box. We currently do not require any student identification. Personal hygiene (menstrual) products are available from Free Flow NM. If you cannot attend the current open hours or are not comfortable with in-person shopping, please contact email@example.com or 505-428-1775 to arrange an alternate time or pick-up location. Visit www.sfcc.edu/campus-cupboard for more information.
1) Are you currently enrolled in the Fall semester and experiencing some financial challenges? Have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information, please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2021-2022 FAFSA applications are available now.
1) November 5 is the deadline for students to petition to graduate and to be included in the Fall 2021 Virtual Commencement Ceremony.
2) Early registration begins November 8 for Spring 2022.
2) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3) Students need to pay their current balance to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (email@example.com).
PARENT SUPPORT GROUP
Our Counseling services and Student Resource Center are sponsoring an online Parent Support Group. The group is free, confidential, and not part of the student record. Check out the attached flyer for full details.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK – Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) 2538 Camino Entrada Santa Fe, NM 87507 | 505 – 476 – 2602 | www.nmwic.org
The WIC program serves low-income pregnant, postpartum, and breastfeeding women, infants, and children up to 5 years of age. The program helps by providing free healthy food, information on healthy eating, breastfeeding support, help to maintain good healthy habits, referrals to health care, and connecting families to other community services. Visit their website to find out more about their various locations across New Mexico.
El programa WIC atiende a mujeres embarazadas, posparto y lactantes de bajos ingresos, bebés y niños de hasta 5 años. El programa ayuda al proporcionar alimentos saludables gratuitos, información sobre alimentación saludable, apoyo a la lactancia materna, ayuda a mantener buenos hábitos saludables, referencias a atención médica y conecta a las familias con otros servicios comunitarios. Visite su sitio web para obtener más información sobre sus diversas ubicaciones en Nuevo México.
Scholarship Application (2021-2022) Available Now
SFCC can help you pay for college with scholarships. One simple application puts you in consideration for state institutional and Foundation private scholarships. Scholarships are available for new and returning, part time and full-time students to help pay for college for the upcoming academic year. Scholarships are also available for second generation college students, Veterans, Native American students, Hispanic students and students with disabilities (must be registered with the SAS department at firstname.lastname@example.org). SFCC offers performance-based scholarships through Contract for a Better Tomorrow (CBT).
For more information and to apply go to:
If you have questions or assistance email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com from your SFCC student email account. Make sure to include your Student ID number in the email.
Se habla Español.
Beginning Wednesday October 20th, the Support Group offered by Counseling Services is opening up to new members! The group meets Wednesday evenings from 5:30-6:30pm for 1 hour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. We very much look forward to having you!
Janelle and Rosalie, your SFCC Counselors
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College