Students do not miss your opportunity to receive $250 for being fully vaccinated. Visit this link for more information and directions on how to upload your information for eligibility consideration. https://www.sfcc.edu/vaxaid/
|Covid VaxAid – Santa Fe Community College – sfcc.edu Covid VaxAid en Español If you are fully vaccinated: Not fully vaccinated: You can get fully vaccinated and become eligible for VaxAid. Go to www.sfcc.edu|
It’s Dell Education Month! For a full month we want to celebrate you. I want to ensure you have all the details.
Starting September 30th through October 31st, you and your faculty, staff, students and alumni can save up to $200 on select PCs* for your personal technology needs.
Share this with family and friends too – it’s for everyone!
DELL EDUCATION MONTH
Access Education Purchase Program benefits here: www.dell.com/dellu/sfcc
Plus, remember that your faculty, staff, students and alumni can get some great discounts on Dell Electronics & Accessories – Get that coupon on your Dell page too! www.dell.com/dellu/sfcc
Fall 2021 second 8-week registration is happening NOW!! Schedule your appointment TODAY with your academic advisor! Last day to register is for second 8-week is October 19.
1) Contact an advisor at Academic Advising at 505-428-1275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Registration is at sfcc.edu. Interested students are encouraged to contact
SFCC’s Welcome and Advising Center at 505-428-1270.
The Campus Cupboard (room 302E) is offering FREE FOOD this Fall Semester each Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2-4pm for in-person pick-up. Students can visit weekly during open hours to select their own products or pick-up a prepacked box. We currently do not require any student identification. Personal hygiene (menstrual) products are available from Free Flow NM. If you cannot attend the current open hours or are not comfortable with in-person shopping, please contact email@example.com or 505-428-1775 to arrange an alternate time or pick-up location. Visit www.sfcc.edu/campus-cupboard for more information.
1) Are you currently enrolled in the Fall semester and are experiences some financial challenges? Have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information, please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2021-2022 FAFSA applications are available now.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Students need to pay their current balance to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (email@example.com).
PARENT SUPPORT GROUP
Our Counseling Services and Student Resource Center are sponsoring an online Parent Support Group. The group is free, confidential, and not part of the student record. Check out the attached flyer for full details.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK – Cancer Foundation for New Mexico
Cancer Foundation for New Mexico serves New Mexicans affected by cancer to make sure access to treatment is possible. Cancer patients of Northern New Mexico can rely on the Cancer Foundation for New Mexico for mileage reimbursement, overnight lodging, and grocery cards. These services can be accessed if the eligibility criteria are met, received a cancer diagnosis and undergoing treatment in Santa Fe, and have a documented income that is at or below 300% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. The application for these services can be found on their website.
The Cancer Foundation for New Mexico also provides all patients access to support groups for patients and their loved ones, volunteer support to assist with basic comforts while undergoing chemotherapy, and community resource information through their Patient Services Coordinators.
Scholarship Application (2021-2022) Available Now
SFCC can help you pay for college with scholarships. One simple application puts you in consideration for state institutional and Foundation private scholarships. Scholarships are available for new and returning, part time and full-time students to help pay for college for the upcoming academic year. Scholarships are also available for second generation college students, Veterans, Native American students, Hispanic students and students with disabilities (must be registered with the SAS department at firstname.lastname@example.org). SFCC offers performance-based scholarships through Contract for a Better Tomorrow (CBT).
For more information and to apply go to:
If you have questions or assistance email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com from your SFCC student email account. Make sure to include your Student ID number in the email.
Se habla Español.
STEM Mentoring Program
STEM Santa Fe is looking for local college students to work on a STEM hands-on project with middle school and high school. This is a paid opportunity. Please check out the 2021-2022 Mentoring flyer attached to this email for more details.
Beginning Wednesday October 20th, the Support Group offered by Counseling Services is opening up to new members! The group meets Wednesday evenings from 5:30-6:30pm for 1 hour. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. We very much look forward to having you!
Janelle and Rosalie, your SFCC Counselors
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College