Coronavirus Update to Faculty
March 18, 2020
As we prepare to return to serving our students after spring break, please let us know how we can help you feel confident in continuing classes as appropriate. All of the communications and updates are posted in the FAQ section at www.sfcc.edu/COVID/.
Are you prepared to hold classes online starting next week? Have you been able to access your Canvas template? Do you have at least two weeks of your class(es) built online?
Here are some Canvas links:
- How do I publish my course?
- How do I edit a Page? (Useful for editing the Homepage template.)
- How do I add a video link?
- How do I add a file link? (Remember to have your Syllabus up!)
- How do I create a Module?
- How do I publish a Module?
- How do I add an Item to a Module?
- How do I create an Assignment?
- How do I create a Quiz?
- How do I create a Discussion?
- How do I publish an Assignment? (Same process for Quizzes, Discussions, & Files)
- How I use the Gradebook?
- How do I use the SpeedGrader?
Do you need help?
- NEW! Moving Online Now: How to Keep Teaching During Coronavirus
- Canvas Hotline: 1-833-250-2079
- Online Teaching and Learning: 505-428-1166 or email@example.com
- How-to videos on using Canvas:
- Online Teaching and Learning YouTube Channel
- Canvas Video Guides
- Canvas (written) Guides
If you aren’t able to put your class online, have you communicated with your Dean or Assistant Dean to explore options?
Do you need a laptop? Do you need help setting up your vpn?
- Contact OIT at 505-428-1222.
Are you feeling anxiety or stress in these uncertain times?
- Contact counselors at ComPsych Guidance Resources at 866-676-3367, TTY 800-697-0353, guidanceresources.com.
We will continue to keep you informed as information becomes available. You can stay up to date by visiting the SFCC Coronavirus Resource page and checking your email frequently. Please let us know how else we can be of assistance.
Margaret A. Peters
Vice President for Academic and Student Affairs