Nursing Program - School of Sciences, Health, Engineering and Math
About the Program
SFCC’s comprehensive Nursing Program prepares you for a good career in a growing industry. You will learn about nursing concepts, nursing practice principles, pharmacology, health and illness concepts, care of patients with chronic conditions, and emergency medicine. Begin your experience with a Certificate in Nursing Assistant, and then move into the program to earn an Associate in Applied Science in Nursing.
SFCC partners with University of New Mexico to offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing so students can obtain an associate and a bachelor’s degree in Nursing without leaving the community. Upon completion of a nursing degree at SFCC, graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Exam, (NCLEX), to become a registered nurse.
SFCC's Department of Nursing Education is part of the New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium, and uses the NMNEC concept-based approach to nursing education. The SFCC nursing program is approved by the NM State Board of Nursing and accredited through 2021 by the ACEN.
Graduates success on NCLEX exam (first time pass rates)
- 2013: 84%
- 2014: 76%
- 2015: 79%
Student completion rate (% of entering students who complete within 150% of time)
- 2014: 100%
- 2015: 96%
Student employment rate:
- 2013: 100%
- 2014: 100%
- 2015: 90% (does not include students in school full time)
Learn more about your BSN/AAS options.
- Hospital nursing including medical/surgical, pediatrics, obstetrics, psychiatric, emergency department, intensive care, OR
- Clinical nursing such as family practice; specialties such as women’s health, dialysis, cardiac, internal medicine, pediatrics
- Long-term/extended care nursing
- Hospice/home health nursing
- Public Health/school nursing
|Apply for the CampusRN - New Mexico Nursing Scholarship |
Visit CampusRN to apply for the $2500.00 regional scholarship.
|Search Nursing Jobs and Healthcare Jobs |
Visit CampusRN to search for thousands of jobs and scholarships.
- Find courses in the current catalog
- See the current class schedule
- HESI Testing
- Prereqs: BSN and ADN, (NMNEC Admission Criteria)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Application
- Once Accepted: You will receive a request for copies of a current health history with, physical, immunization records, and copy of current BLS/ CPR (American Heart Association only).
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.