Nursing Program - School of Sciences, Health, Engineering and Math
About the Program
SFCC’s comprehensive Nursing Program prepares you for a good career in a growing industry. You will learn about nursing concepts, nursing practice principles, pharmacology, health and illness concepts, care of patients with chronic conditions, and emergency medicine. Begin your experience with a Certificate in Nursing Assistant, and then move into the program to earn an Associate in Applied Science in Nursing.
SFCC partners with University of New Mexico to offer a Bachelor of Science in Nursing so students can obtain an associate and a bachelor’s degree in Nursing without leaving the community. Upon completion of a nursing degree at SFCC, graduates are eligible to take the National Council Licensure Exam, (NCLEX), to become a registered nurse.
SFCC's Department of Nursing Education is part of the New Mexico Nursing Education Consortium, and uses the NMNEC concept-based approach to nursing education. The SFCC nursing program is approved by the NM State Board of Nursing and accredited through 2021 by the ACEN.
Learn more about your BSN/AAS options.
- Hospital nursing including medical/surgical, pediatrics, obstetrics, psychiatric, emergency department, intensive care, OR
- Clinical nursing such as family practice; specialties such as women’s health, dialysis, cardiac, internal medicine, pediatrics
- Long-term/extended care nursing
- Hospice/home health nursing
- Public Health/school nursing
|Apply for the CampusRN - New Mexico Nursing Scholarship |
Visit CampusRN to apply for the $2500.00 regional scholarship.
|Search Nursing Jobs and Healthcare Jobs |
Visit CampusRN to search for thousands of jobs and scholarships.
- Find courses in the current catalog
- See the current class schedule
- HESI Testing
- Prereqs: BSN and ADN, (NMNEC Admission Criteria)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Program Application
- Once Accepted: You will receive a request for copies of a current health history with, physical, immunization records, and copy of current BLS/ CPR (American Heart Association only).
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.