Culinary Arts Program
About the Program
If the kitchen has always been your favorite room in the house, then a career in culinary arts could bring you a taste of success. The culinary arts program is a hands-on professional program designed to give you the skills you need for a career in culinary arts. The Culinary Arts Institute is committed to delivering world-class instruction in all areas of the hospitality industry, including pastries, hot and cold kitchens, dining room and bar, cost controls and management, restaurant design, nutrition, and sanitation and safety.
Graduates of Santa Fe Community College are in high demand in Santa Fe kitchens, and current graduates earn $12-to-$15 per hour. Sous chef salaries in Santa Fe vary from $25,000 to $32,000. Executive chefs in the area earn between $50,000 and $100,000 or more.
Culinary Arts Study Abroad Program
Provides international educational opportunities for qualifying SFCC Culinary Arts students to expand their knowledge of the relationship of food and culture; engage directly in food-related businesses and industries of various regions and communities; acquire additional skills in teamwork, collaboration and entrepreneurship and integrate key principles of sustainability into Culinary Arts. To learn how to participate or contribute, email Michelle Roetzer.
View photos from "SFCC Loves to Cook for Company!" fundraiser, held Fe.b 13, 2015:
In the News
- "SFCC culinary program holds Valentine's Day benefit to help send its student to Italy" (Santa Fe New Mexican, Feb. 10, 2015)
- “Still Hungry” – A profile of instructors Leslie Chavez and Michelle Roetzer (Local Flavor, Feb. 2015)
- "SFCC’s Culinary Arts Garden helps students cultivate more than produce" (Santa Fe New Mexican, April 9, 2014)
- SFCC Culinary Arts garden consultant Erin O’Neill on the benefits and challenges of gardening in the desert (KSFR 101.1 FM’s Cline's Corner, April, 2015)
Read Culinary Arts Faculty Bios
- Line cook
- Salad chef
- Banquet chef
- Pastry chef
- Demonstration chef
- Wine steward
- Food manager
- Dining room manager
- Social caterer
- Consultant Health inspector
- Event planner
- Commercial production manager
- SFCC Green Filmmaking/Culinary Arts Partnership
- Patissier Program
- Find courses in the current catalog
- See the current class schedule
For more information, please contact Michelle Roetzer, Lead Instructor, Culinary Arts Program, 505-428-1435, email@example.com.
Empower Students, Strengthen Community. | Empoderar a los Estudiantes, Fortalecer a la Comunidad.