Are you interested in joining the SFCC supporter family? (We sincerely hope so!) Then you have a menu of options.
(By the way, if none of these options works for you, talk to us. We want to meet your individual needs.)
- Cash Gifts:Make a donation to Santa Fe Community College Foundation by check (made payable to SFCC Foundation); or by credit card @ sfcc.edu/give-now, by calling (505) 428-1855.
- Stocks or Bonds:Appreciated stocks and bonds can be used to make an outright gift or to endow a scholarship. Using appreciated securities to make a gift allows you to avoid paying capital gains tax on its appreciation. You will need to contact your stockbroker to make this gift to the SFCC Foundation. Contact Deborah Boldt, at (505) 428-1704 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to obtain a copy of our wire instructions, which has our routing and DTC number.
- In-Kind: Donate art, books, equipment, vehicles or other property. Please check with us before making such a gift to ensure that your gift meets our needs and your objectives.
- IRA Charitable Rollover:Donors age 70.5 or older are eligible to move up to $100,000 from their IRAs directly to a qualified charity such as SFCC Foundation without having to pay income taxes on the money. (This gift is not tax deductable.) Qualified distributions must be made by December 31 of a given tax year. To make this gift, contact your plan administrator to initiate the transfer. See below for our name, address, and federal tax identification number.
- Make an outright gift of appreciated property, such as real estate or securities.
- Name SFCC Foundation as beneficiary of a life insurance policy, individual retirement plan, living trust, or checking account.
- Fund a charitable gift annuity that will provide one or two individuals income for life.
- Establish a charitable remainder trust that will provide one or two individuals with a variable or fixed income for life or a number of years.
- Establish a charitable lead trust that will provide the SFCC Foundation with a variable or fixed income for a number of years, and then the trust’s principal plus appreciation passes to an individual’s loved ones.
- Name SFCC Foundation as beneficiary of a will or living trust using the following language:
- I hereby give and bequeath ____($_____, or_____percent of the rest, remainder and residue of my estate) to Santa Fe Community College Foundation, a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charitable foundation, located at 6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Federal tax ID #20-1594570.
- To name Santa Fe Community College Foundation a beneficiary of a life insurance policy or individual retirement plan, you must obtain and complete a Change of Beneficiary Form from the plan administrator using the following information:
- Our name: Santa Fe Community College Foundation
- Our address: 6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, NM 87508
- Federal Tax ID#: 20-1594570
The following are other giving opportunities that can be made during your lifetime or through your will or trust:
Santa Fe Community College Foundation is a 501(c) (3) organization and all donations are tax deductible to the extent allowed by law. For more information, please contact Deborah Boldt, Executive Director, at (505) 428-1704, email@example.com.
(translation: you do good forever)
An endowed fund is a gift in which the principal (sometimes called the corpus) remains untouched and is never distributed. For this reason, you will hear endowments referred to as gifts that last in perpetuity.
The award or scholarship comes in the form of interest that the principal/corpus generates, which is then distributed as a scholarship or program funding (whatever purpose has been designated by the donor).
For a fund to endow, it needs a minimum of $10,000 in principal, which will generate approximately $500 annually—every single year. The stability provided by endowed funds ensures that deserving SFCC students will always have support.
You can create your own endowment, create it with the help of others, or give to one already established.
The stability of endowments means that they are one of the most important ways you can support SFCC students and programs. Check out the testimonials Go to Testimonials to see how donors just like you have transformed lives of hardworking SFCC students.
Contact Kelly Marquez Smith at (505) 428-1175 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on setting up an endowment, giving to one that is established, or to set up a visit in person or by phone.
When next you update your will, please consider SFCC. There are several good reasons why.
- It will be your gift to the entire Greater Santa Fe community…and to countless young adults, their families, and our local economy. All will benefit from your generosity. A ‘nationally strong’ SFCC will strengthen our local company and educate our residents in today’s most-in-demand skills.
- This is MAJOR philanthropy ANYONE can afford.You do not have to be wealthy to make a charitable bequest that has a BIG impact. For instance: a relatively modest bequest from a middle-income estate, if it sets up an endowed scholarship, will grow, under our good stewardship, into a small fortune within just a few decades . . . while at the same time annually generating ever-increasing income for your designated interest, be that scholarships or something else.
Here’s some language to get you started. Of course, consult your own attorney for exact wording. I hereby give and bequeath ____($_____, or_____percent of the rest, remainder and residue of my estate) to Santa Fe Community College Foundation, a non-profit, tax-exempt 501(c)(3) public charitable foundation, located at 6401 Richards Avenue, Santa Fe, New Mexico, Federal tax ID #20-1594570.
Questions? Talk to us!
Employers especially see the value of naming something like a classroom or even a building: it establishes an attractive brand among a big pool of the job-candidates-in-training.
Individuals and foundations also can honor a family or business name…or as a memorial to a loved one, favorite educator, or philanthropist.
Questions? Talk to us!