Social Distancing doesn’t need to be lonely or stressful! Below is an evolving list of activities, and ideas for how to connect with friends, groups, and community resources during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Virtual Conferencing and Meeting Tools
- Microsoft Teams – This platform offers collaborative tools, chat, and video conferencing
- Zoom – Connect with classmates, instructors, and friends via video conferencing, online meetings, chat, and mobile collaboration.
Ways to Use Video Conferencing
- Host a Virtual Lunch, Dinner, Happy Hour or Coffee Date
- Play a Board/Card Game together (We recommend Apples to Apples or Cards Against Humanity)
- Trivia or Pictionary
- Workout with a friend
- Study Groups
Arts, Entertainment, & Fun Things To Do
- Read a book for free!
- Ride Disney Parks and other Theme Park Attractions
- Harry Potter At Home – New from J.K. Rowling!
- Street Art Tours
- 15 Broadway Plays to watch from your couch
- Watch a different Met Opera each night
- The Social Distancing Festival – Streamed Comedy, Music, Theater and Dance Performances
- Watch a Shakespearean Play
- Watch a live stream concert
Virtual Field Trips
Click the below links and travel around the world, find cute animal webcams, and visit our world’s museums. For a larger list, click here.
- 68 Cultural, Historical, and Scientific Collections to Explore!
- Tour the Louvre in Paris
- Smithsonian Museum of Natural History
- Adventure Around Yellowstone National Park or Tour other National Parks with Google!
- Dive Into the Ocean! (VR friendly!)
- Visit World Landmarks and Famous Sites with Google
- Time Travel Through History With the British Museum
- Travel the World with Rick Steves
- Visit Ellis Island
- Walk down the Great Wall of China
- Travel the surface of Mars with the Curiosity Rover
Social Distancing can happen outside! Take a walk, run, or ride your bike, just keep a distance of 6 feet from all people that you encounter. You can stay active inside too:
- Yogazo – This local ABQ studio is offering free yoga videos!
- Yoga with Adriene
- Barre3 – Free 15-day digital trial for classes
- Daily Workouts by Planet Fitness and OrangeTheory to keep you moving!
Because uncertain times call for fuzzy animal pictures, videos, and webcams!
- Zooborns – The newest, cutest baby animals from the world’s accredited zoos and aquariums.
- Georgia Aquarium Webcams – Including Penguins!
- San Diego Zoo Animals
- Reddit AWW – cute and cuddly pictures
- Ouwehand Park Polar Bear Cubs (Netherlands)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Webcams
Learn Something New
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems (Kennedy Center) – new videos daily
- Albuquerque Library Digital Page: if you have a library account, access music & e-books!
- edX courses
- LinkedIn Learning – Free Month Trial – learn a new professional skill!
- Learn to cook
- Tips for staying focused in online courses
- Learn a new language with Duolingo free! – App Store – Google Play Store
Connect With Friends
Watch a movie on Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, etc with each other virtually! Synchronize your start times and watch together over facetime or skype.
- Netflix Party – Binge your favorite Netflix show with your bestie, virtually
- Virtual escape room: Steam’s Tales of Escape
- Multiplayer games
- Host a Facebook watch party
- Create a Collaborative Spotify Playlist together
- NFL GamePass is now free through May 31
- NBA League Pass is now free until April 22
Staying Healthy and Well
- Tips from Santa Fe Counseling Services for staying physically and mentally healthy
- Information about the including food and mental health support
- Domestic Violence support (City of Santa Fe)
- Food support
- Campus Cupboard (SFCC)
- The Food Bank
For more information on SFCC’s response to COVID-19, please visit: Covid 19
Parts of this page are adapted from a resource from the University of New Mexico