Picking the Right Benefit for You
Before you begin the SFCC registration process, determine which of the following benefits best applies to your situation.
- Montgomery GI Bill ® – Active Duty – Chapter 30
- Montgomery GI Bill ® – Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP) – Chapter 1607
- Montgomery GI Bill ® – Selected Reserve – Chapter 1606
- New Mexico Vietnam Veterans Scholarship (scroll down to application)
- Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) – Chapter 35
- Transferring Post 9/11 Chapter 33 Benefits to your Dependents
- Vocational Rehabilitation (VR&E) – Chapter 31
- Post 9/11 GI Bill ® – Chapter 33
Enrollment verification is a new requirement for Post-9/11 GI Bill students to verify that they have remained enrolled in the are courses or training every month. Students who receive MHA/kicker payments will have their payments withheld if they fail to verify or report that they are no longer enrolled in their courses or training. To streamline the process, VA is providing the option to verify enrollment easily and securely via text message.