Good Spooky Morning SFCC Students!!
Please read below for important information and updates.
Counseling Services general and grief support groups starting 10/19
The past several months have been a challenging time for everyone and Counseling Services is here to support you. Remote learning has come with the added difficulty of social isolation, and on top of that, many of us have lost love ones throughout the pandemic. To help you connect with each other outside the classroom setting as well as to receive support around the grieving process, we are offering a second round of online support groups in addition to newly-offered grief support groups. The groups will take place via a secure video platform for the second half of the fall semester, beginning the week of 10/19 and meeting for 6 weeks.
The group meeting times are as follows (you would only need to be available for one time per week):
Wednesday at noon: Support Group 1
Thursday at 4 p.m.: Support Group 2
Wednesday at 3 p.m.: Grief Group 1
Thursday at 11 a.m.: Grief Group 2
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. We very much look forward to meeting with you!
1) The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-4pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identifiable proof.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Fall semester and are experiences some financial challenges? have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 applications are available now.
3) LANL Foundation is offering a scholarship for all students pursing a two-year degree. Check out the LANL attachment for more information. (Deadline to apply is November 16.)
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at email@example.com.
2) Please check out the attached Important Dates document for other updates.
Laptops or HOTSPOT
Students can email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the current waitlist for a laptop. Please use your student email and a phone number where you can be reached. You will be contacted once a laptop becomes available.
Hotspots are now available. A WiFi hotspot allows access to the internet through a wireless connection. If you need access to the internet for your classes schedule a hotspot device pickup time by using the following link:
The library is offering printing services to students. If you have material that you need printed, you can send your print request to the library and pick it up at our curbside delivery. For all the information you need to submit a printing request visit:
SCHOLARSHIP for Students Pursuing Two-Year degree, trade, or certificate
Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL) is providing scholarship opportunities for students pursuing a two-year degree, trade or certificate. Check out the flier for more detailed information. Apply today, deadline is NOVEMBER 16!
Student Government Positions
Students are encouraged to get involved and make a difference. Student Government Association has positions available. Check out the Special Election attachment.
All courses that have a Canvas component now have access to this online tutoring service. Please click on the following link for more information.
Veteran’s Day Homage
Do you know someone who is a veteran or active military member? Would you like to recognize them for their dedication to our Country. Check out the Veteran Tribute attachment for more information on how SFCC is recognizing and honoring all military service people on Veteran’s Day.
VOTE VOTE VOTE
1) Please see the attached letter from your SGA President where he provides you a link where you can register to vote and a link to request your absentee ballot! YOUR VOICE MATTERS!!
Always Your Champion,
Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College