Good Morning SFCC Students!!
Please read below for important information and updates.
As you may have heard NM’s COVID-19 cases are on the rise. Below is some information you may find helpful as we are collectively navigating through the challenges this pandemic may be creating for you and your loved ones.
- Public healthorders require that everyone wear a mask at all times outside of your home.
- Social distance and avoid gatherings as much as possible.
- If you are feeling ill, avoid any type of social settings.
- In an effort to continue our services to you, the College provides nearly all services on-line. Visit https://www.sfcc.edu/online-learning-at-sfcc/current-resources-for-online-learning/ for more information.
- If you are feeling ill, get tested and isolate yourself from others as much as possible. For test site information and to learn more about SFCC’s Covid-19 updates visit: https://www.sfcc.edu/covid/
The Chill Room is back with Tips for Navigating the Holidays. We here at Counseling Services want to acknowledge that stresses and anxieties are particularly high during this time. You will find a variety of resources to support your wellbeing in this Canvas site.
You can self-enroll in mySFCC in the Resources area or follow the link https://sfcc.instructure.com/enroll/BDKCM6
For more information or to talk with a counselor please contact us at email@example.com
1) The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-4pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identifiable proof.
2) Thanksgiving gift card distribution. See more information below.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Fall semester and are experiences some financial challenges? have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 applications are available now.
3) LANL Foundation is offering a scholarship for all students pursing a two-year degree. Check out the LANL attachment for more information. (Deadline to apply is November 16.)
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Please check out the attached Important Dates document for other updates.
Let’s chat! The SFCC library staff is available to live chat with you Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm. Look for the brown chat box that reads “Questions? Ask a Librarian!” You can find it at the bottom of all the library’s websites: https://www.sfcc.edu/offices/library/. By clicking on the box you can chat live with an SFCC librarian. We can help you with your research topics and help you find the resources you need to complete your assignments. We miss seeing you in person, so drop by for a chat!
Spring 2021 early registration is happening NOW! Visit with your professional academic advisor to confirm your academic plans and review course offerings. Book you appointment today! https://www.sfcc.edu/offices/welcome-and-advising-center/
THANKSGIVING Gift Card Distribution
Student Government Association is giving FREE gift card’s to support Thanksgiving meals. Email your interest to SGA President, Ian Widrick Martinez at email@example.com or SGA Advisor, Mary Eleas at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, November 20. All emails must be from your official SFCC email address and need to include your first, last name and Anumber.
All courses that have a Canvas component now have access to this online tutoring service. Please click on the following link for more information.
Today, I am thankful for the person reading this message. We are in the middle of one of the worst pandemics that I have lived through. I have heard so many stories of hardship, and know that so many of you are suffering. Words cannot express my sincere gratitude and appreciation to YOU for holding on and pushing through. I know it has not been easy but YOU have not given-up, rather, you persevered (are persevering). Whether it was learning a whole new learning modality, struggling with financial or food insecurities, or trying to learn how to balance life, family, school and the other million things you have to do, YOU are getting through one of the hardest times in our nation. Don’t give up! You are doing a fine job. Focus on what you can control, lean on your support system (virtually), invest in yourself with uplifting music, books, activities, and comfort food (chocolate cake is my favorite!), set personal goals, and never think twice about reaching out for help. YOU MATTER, and YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE!
Always Your Champion,
Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College