Good Morning and Happy New Year SFCC Students!!
Please read below for important information and updates.
1) The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-4pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identifiable proof. Students do not leave your vehicles drive-up, open your trunk and your food will be placed in your trunk.
FREE GOODIE BAG
The Office of Student Development and Activities and the ENLACE program will be distributing a goodie bag containing a flashdrive, food certificates, a SFCC water bottle, and much more! Check out the flyer for more information.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Fall semester and are experiences some financial challenges? have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2020-2021 and 2021-2022 applications are available now.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Students need to pay their current balance in order to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (email@example.com).
Spring 2021 early registration is happening NOW! Visit with your professional academic advisor to confirm your academic plans and review course offerings and discuss add/drop dates. Book you appointment today! https://www.sfcc.edu/offices/welcome-and-advising-center/
Student activities is sponsoring a “Tell Your Story” activity encouraging you to share your story about how you chose to attend college. More information is available on the flyer above, but all submissions will be entered into a drawing for a $50 book waiver (5 winners).
Student Government Association
Please welcome our newly appointed SGA Officers:
Vice President- Zenith Bhurtel
Trades Senator-Hongrong “Ronnie” Zhong
Student Resource Coordinator
A message from Ms. Hernandez Monsalvo
My name is Jocelyn Hernandez Monsalvo. I am the Student Resource Coordinator at Santa Fe Community College. I have lived in Santa Fe for almost 16 years and speak Spanish and English. After finishing high school, I was a student at Santa Fe Community College for three years and am proud to return to this school as an employee. Being a Student Resource Coordinator will help me do what I am most passionate about, which is helping people. This position is new at SFCC and will focus on helping students who may be experiencing non-academic barriers such as lack of food, housing, or financial help, which affects their academic performance. With my colleagues’ help, my knowledge of community resources, and contacts, we look forward to helping SFCC students achieve their dreams and educational goals.
If you have questions about how to contact any help offered by the community, please let me know.
You can contact me by email: Jocelyn.firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone (505) 428-1194, or make an appointment on Bookings using the MySFCC portal or click on this link https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/StudentResources@sfccnm.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
Mi nombre es Jocelyn Hernandez Monsalvo. Soy la Coordinadora de Recursos Estudiantiles en Santa Fe Community College. He vivido en Santa Fe durante casi 16 años y hablo español e inglés. Después de terminar la escuela secundaria, fui estudiante en Santa Fe Community College durante tres años y estoy orgullosa de regresar a esta escuela como empleada. Ser coordinadora de recursos estudiantiles me ayudará a hacer lo que más me apasiona, que es ayudar a las personas. Esta posición es nueva en SFCC y se enfocará en ayudar a los estudiantes que puedan estar experimentando barreras no académicas, como falta de comida, vivienda o ayuda financiera, lo que afecta su desempeño académico. Con la ayuda de mis colegas, mi conocimiento de los recursos comunitarios y los contactos, esperamos poder ayudar a los estudiantes de SFCC a alcanzar sus sueños y metas educativas. Si tiene preguntas sobre cómo comunicarse con cualquier ayuda ofrecida por la comunidad, hágamelo saber. Puede ponerse en contacto conmigo por correo electrónico: Jocelyn.email@example.com, teléfono (505) 428-1194, o concertar una cita en Reservas utilizando el portal MySFCC o hacer clic en este enlace https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/StudentResources@sfccnm.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/
Our mission is to guide and support students on their academic journey by providing case management and specific resources with kindness and understanding to help our students achieve their educational goals.
Nuestra misión es guiar y apoyar a los estudiantes en su viaje académico brindándoles administración de casos y recursos específicos con amabilidad y comprensión para ayudar a nuestros estudiantes a alcanzar sus metas educativas.
“Education is your passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for today.” – Malcolm X
Always Your Champion,
Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos, Ed.D.
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College