Fall 2021 second 8-week registration is happening NOW!! Schedule your appointment TODAY with your academic advisor! Last day to register is for second 8-week is October 19.
1) Contact an advisor at Academic Advising at 505-428-1275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Registration is at sfcc.edu. Interested students are encouraged to contact
SFCC’s Welcome and Advising Center at 505-428-1270.
The Campus Cupboard (room 302E) is offering FREE FOOD this Fall Semester each Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday from 2-4pm for in-person pick-up. Students can visit weekly during open hours to select their own products or pick-up a prepacked box. We currently do not require any student identification. Personal hygiene (menstrual) products are available from Free Flow NM. If you cannot attend the current open hours or are not comfortable with in-person shopping, please contact email@example.com or 505-428-1775 to arrange an alternate time or pick-up location. Visit www.sfcc.edu/campus-cupboard for more information.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Fall semester and are experiences some financial challenges? Have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information, please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2021-2022 FAFSA applications are available now.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Students need to pay their current balance to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (email@example.com).
The Library is opening study room 519 for students. It will be a perfect spot for studying or taking an online synchronous class. Right now, only one person at a time can use the room. The key to 519 can be checked out at the circulation desk for two hours and masks are required, even when the door is closed.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK –
Double Up Food Bucks!
Get more fruits and vegetables when you spend your SNAP EBT Card dollars at participating farmers’ markets, farm stands, mobile markets, and grocery stores. It’s easy with Double Up Food Bucks!
For example, if you spend $10 from your SNAP EBT Card at a participating outlet, we give you another $10 to buy fresh fruits and veggies grown in New Mexico. If you spend $26 from your SNAP EBT Card, we give you another $26 for fresh New Mexico-grown fruits and vegetables. It’s that easy! To find participating locations and other details please visit https://farmersmarketsnm.org/resources/food-access/double-up-food-bucks/
Obtenga más frutas y verduras al gastar el dinero de su tarjeta SNAP EBT en los mercados de agricultores, puestos agrícolas, mercados móviles y tiendas de comestibles participantes. ¡Es fácil con Double Up Food Bucks!
Por ejemplo, si gasta $ 10 de su tarjeta SNAP EBT en un establecimiento participante, le damos otros $ 10 para comprar frutas y verduras frescas cultivadas en Nuevo México. Si gasta $ 26 de su tarjeta SNAP EBT, le damos otros $ 26 para frutas y verduras frescas cultivadas en Nuevo México. ¡Es fácil! Para encontrar ubicaciones participantes y otros detalles, visite https://farmersmarketsnm.org/resources/food-access/double-up-food-bucks/
Scholarship Application (2021-2022) Available Now
SFCC can help you pay for college with scholarships. One simple application puts you in consideration for state institutional and Foundation private scholarships. Scholarships are available for new and returning, part time and full-time students to help pay for college for the upcoming academic year. Scholarships are also available for second generation college students, Veterans, Native American students, Hispanic students and students with disabilities (must be registered with the SAS department at firstname.lastname@example.org). SFCC offers performance-based scholarships through Contract for a Better Tomorrow (CBT).
For more information and to apply go to:
If you have questions or assistance email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com from your SFCC student email account. Make sure to include your Student ID number in the email.
Se habla Español.
Student Development is seeking two outstanding student ambassadors. This is a paid position. Interested individuals should contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Also, check out the SeekingAmbassador flyer for more information.
Are you currently enrolled in at least 6 (six) credit hours? Did you know that you may be eligible for a student employment position on our beautiful campus (remote work may also be available). Did you know that as a student employee you earn minimum wage and may work up to 20 hours per week? And did you know that we can work with your current school schedule to try and help you fit your work hours within your day? For more information contact:
Financial Aid, Student Employment Program Manager
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College