Good Afternoon SFCC Students!
Check out this week’s announcements!
We are happy to announce that several of our offices are open for in-person services. Please see the on-campus guidelines below and be sure to call (505-428-1000) before you visit to ensure the office/service you need is open for in-person services.
For the protection of our community:
- Masks are required.
- Practice social distancing
- Avoid congregating in groups.
- Avoid staying in public, indoor spaces for extended time periods.
- Children are allowed on campus. Masks required.
- Fully vaccinated? Please apply for the SFCC Fast Pass, which will help us lessen mask requirements in the future.
- Departments, programs, and unique spaces may require special protocols or safety requirements.
- Appointments are highly encouraged.
Introducing SFCC’s New Online Bookstore!
We are proud to announce that Santa Fe Community College’s online bookstore operated by Barnes & Noble is live and ready to serve you! Access it at https://bncvirtual.com/sfcc. For more information and helpful tips, visit: https://www.sfcc.edu/introducing-sfccs-new-online-bookstore/
COMPUTER and INTERNET NEEDS
Students needing a computer or access to the internet via a hot spot should contact the Office of Information Technology as soon as possible. Below are the steps to follow:
1. The Office of Information Technology(OIT) maintains a Bookings site to allow students to schedule a pickup time for laptops. If times do not work for the student, they may request an after-hours appointment over the phone.
2. Additionally, OIT and the library respond to enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may call the student to answer questions or guide the student to our appointment booking site.
3. Students come to OIT Office to pick up their requested laptop. They must abide by on-site protocols listed here: https://www.sfcc.edu/covid/sfcc-student-on-campus-protocol-during-covid-19/ *At this time laptop pick-up students are not required to complete training.
4. Students are required to sign the attached agreement.
5. Initial due dates are listed at four weeks out, but with the option to extend unless OIT/Library can’t meet the needs of all students.
6. Equipment checkout and return is tracked through our campus Library checkout software.
Counseling Services is offering a new round of a telehealth support groups this fall, including General Support, Grief Support, Psychological Support for Physical Illness, and Building Healthy Relationships. Each group will meet for 6 weeks beginning the week of August 30th, and each session will last one hour. Meeting times TBD based on participant availability. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in participating or sign up here (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSedpqLkPPwWzi-9NztmY1_Hhp904qM2gRaGoaBin9_rDEC6UA/viewform) (please only sign up for one group): We very much look forward to having you!
COVID-19 Drive-Up Vaccine Clinic
SFCC is hosting a community COVID-19 vaccination clinic in the West Wing Parking Lot. The event will be hosted by the New Mexico Department of Health.
Wednesday, September 1, 10am – 2pm
West Wing Parking Lot
Ages 12+ (must complete waiver)
No Appointment Required but to reserve a spot for yourself or a minor use special event code is WHJBT. People can also register without the code under Santa Fe Community College. https://cvvaccine.nmhealth.org/
No Insurance Required
No ID Required
Fall 2021 registration is happening NOW!! Schedule your appointment TODAY with your academic advisor! Last day to register is Friday, August 27 for first eight-week classes, and for full term courses.
1) Contact an advisor at Academic Advising at 505-428-1275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Registration is at sfcc.edu. Interested students are encouraged to contact
SFCC’s Welcome and Advising Center at 505-428-1270.
The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-2pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identification. Students do not leave your vehicles drive-up, open your trunk and your food will be placed in your trunk. Personal hygiene products are available from Free Flow NM. If you cannot attend the weekly distribution, contact email@example.com or 505-428-1775 to arrange an alternate time. Visit www.sfcc.edu/campus-cupboard for more information.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Fall semester and are experiences some financial challenges? Have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information, please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2021-2022 FAFSA applications are available now.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Students need to pay their current balance to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (email@example.com).
Welcome back to our in-person and remote learners! The Library is open from 10:00 to 5:00, Mondays through Thursdays and 10:00 to 2:00 on Fridays. We will be closed on Saturdays and Sundays until further notice. The Library has six computer stations open – socially distanced and networked to a printer. We also have four laptop computers to check out and use in the Library. So far, these laptops do not have printing capabilities, but we are working on getting that up and running. The discovery box on the Library’s webpage – https://www.sfcc.edu/offices/library – now has a link to what we have either in print or electronic reserves.
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK – UPDATED INFORMATION
3204 Mercantile Court Suite C, Santa Fe, NM 87507 | 505-424-1800 | www.gerardshouse.org
Gerard’s House has been offering free grief support services since 1997 to children, teenagers, and adults who have experienced the death of a parent or a loved one. Gerard’s House focuses on reaching the city’s most vulnerable grieving youth—kids who have immigrated from war-torn and impoverished regions, kids coping with homelessness, and kids who have attempted suicide. If you or somebody you know needs grief support, please contact Gerard’s House. All services are free of charge.
Gerard’s House ha estado ofreciendo servicios gratuitos de apoyo al duelo desde 1997 a niños, adolescentes y adultos que han experimentado la muerte de un padre o un ser querido. Gerard’s House se centra en los jóvenes afligidos más vulnerables de la ciudad: niños que han emigrado de regiones devastadas por la guerra y empobrecidas, niños que enfrentan la falta de vivienda y niños que han intentado suicidarse. Si usted o alguien que usted conoce necesita apoyo para el duelo, por favor póngase en contacto con gerard’s house. Todos los servicios son gratuitos.
Scholarship Application (2021-2022) Available Now
SFCC can help you pay for college with scholarships. One simple application puts you in consideration for state institutional and Foundation private scholarships. Scholarships are available for new and returning, part time and full-time students to help pay for college for the upcoming academic year. Scholarships are also available for second generation college students, Veterans, Native American students, Hispanic students and students with disabilities (must be registered with the SAS department at firstname.lastname@example.org). SFCC offers performance-based scholarships through Contract for a Better Tomorrow (CBT).
For more information and to apply go to:
If you have questions or assistance email the Financial Aid Office at email@example.com from your SFCC student email account. Make sure to include your Student ID number in the email.
Se habla Español.
STUDENT GOVERNMENT ASSOCIATION
SGA is seeking executive members and senators. Check out the flyers for more information.
Are you currently enrolled in at least 6 (six) credit hours? Did you know that you may be eligible for a student employment position on our beautiful campus (remote work may also be available). Did you know that as a student employee you earn minimum wage and may work up to 20 hours per week? And did you know that we can work with your current school schedule to try and help you fit your work hours within your day? For more information contact:
Financial Aid, Student Employment Program Manager
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College