Good Afternoon SFCC Students!
Check out this week’s announcements!
We are happy to announce that several of our offices are open for in-person services. Please see the on-campus guidelines below and be sure to call (505-428-1000) before you visit to ensure the office/service you need is open for in-person services.
For the protection of our community:
- Masks are required.
- Practice social distancing
- Avoid congregating in groups.
- Avoid staying in public, indoor spaces for extended time periods.
- Children are allowed on campus. Masks required.
- Fully vaccinated? Please apply for the SFCC Fast Pass, which will help us lessen mask requirements in the future.
- Departments, programs, and unique spaces may require special protocols or safety requirements.
- Appointments are highly encouraged.
Check out the flyer for more information about a Career Fair on August 20-21 and again on 27-28.
COMPUTER and INTERNET NEEDS
Students needing a computer or access to the internet via a hot spot should contact the Office of Information Technology as soon as possible. Below are the steps to follow:
1. The Office of Information Technology(OIT) maintains a Bookings site to allow students to schedule a pickup time for laptops. If times do not work for the student, they may request an after-hours appointment over the phone.
2. Additionally, OIT and the library respond to enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may call the student to answer questions or guide the student to our appointment booking site.
3. Students come to OIT Office to pick up their requested laptop. They must abide by on-site protocols listed here: https://www.sfcc.edu/covid/sfcc-student-on-campus-protocol-during-covid-19/ *At this time laptop pick-up students are not required to complete training.
4. Students are required to sign the attached agreement.
5. Initial due dates are listed at four weeks out, but with the option to extend unless OIT/Library can’t meet the needs of all students.
6. Equipment checkout and return is tracked through our campus Library checkout software.
Please see below under Support Groups for more information.
Fall 2021 registration is happening NOW!! Schedule your appointment TODAY with your academic advisor!
1) Contact an advisor at Academic Advising at 505-428-1275 or email@example.com.
The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-2pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identification. Students do not leave your vehicles drive-up, open your trunk and your food will be placed in your trunk. Personal hygiene products are available from Free Flow NM. If you cannot attend the weekly distribution, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 505-428-1775 to arrange an alternate time. Visit www.sfcc.edu/campus-cupboard for more information.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Fall semester and are experiences some financial challenges? Have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information, please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2021-2022 FAFSA applications are available now.
Fall FAFSA Workshop Week-August 16th-20th
Free Money for College
Currently, the Santa Fe Community College is unable to offer in person FAFSA Workshops;,
The Santa Fe Community College Financial Aid staff is here to help you complete the 2021-2022 FAFSA application.
Here is the link to setup an appointment:
Para obtener ayuda para programar una cita con un hispanohablante, favor de llamar a la oficina de ayuda financie, 505-428-1268. Muchas gracias
Current and new students are encouraged to attend
The 2021-2022 FAFSA application is found here:
For your appointment you will want to be able to access this page: www.fafsa.ed.gov
If you need assistance accessing this page, the SFCC HelpDesk is available at 505-428-1222
What do you need for the FAFSA application?
- 2019 Tax returns,
- Social Security numbers,
- Resident card A# (if not a U.S. citizen but an eligible non-US citizen),
- Parent’s date of birth,
- Date parents were married, remarried, separated, divorced, or widowed.
Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.
For financial aid questions and assistance
Contact Financial Aid at email@example.com 505-428-1268
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Students need to pay their current balance to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (email@example.com).
The summer semester is coming to an end! Do you need a quiet place to study? The Library is now open to SFCC students Monday-Thursday 10am-5pm and Friday 10am-2pm. Computers, quiet study space, and group study space (no more than 4 people) are available. Reservations are requested: https://libraryhelp.sfcc.edu/reservations Questions? Contact us at: 505-428-1352 or firstname.lastname@example.org
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK – UPDATED INFORMATION
Santa Fe Suites 3007 S. St. Francis Dr., Santa Fe, NM 87505 | 505-982-1154 | www.steshelter.org
Santa Fe Suites offers apartment studios for singles and couples who receive rental assistance through Housing Vouchers/Section 8 or who meet the income restrictions. Documents such as ID, paystubs, bank statements, or other proof of income need to be provided when applying. The application fee is $30. Please call the office to find out more about the income restrictions, eligibility, deposit fee, pet restrictions, and when to pick up the application. The office is open Monday through Friday from 9 am to 4 pm, closed from 12 pm to 1 pm. The office is currently under renovations; please call ahead before showing up.
Santa Fe Suites ofrece estudios de apartamentos para solteros y parejas que reciben asistencia de alquiler a través de Vales de vivienda/Sección 8 o que cumplen con las restricciones de ingresos. Se deben proporcionar documentos como identificación, recibos de pago, estados de cuenta bancarios u otra prueba de ingresos al presentar la solicitud. La tarifa de solicitud es de $30. Llame a la oficina para obtener más información sobre las restricciones de ingresos, la elegibilidad, la tarifa de depósito, las restricciones de mascotas y cuándo recoger la solicitud. La oficina está abierta de lunes a viernes de 9 am a 4 pm, cerrada de 12 pm a 1 pm. La oficina se encuentra actualmente en renovación; por favor llame antes de presentarse.
Scholarship Application (2021-2022) Available Now
SFCC can help you pay for college with scholarships. One simple application puts you in consideration for state institutional and Foundation private scholarships. Scholarships are available for new and returning, part time and full-time students to help pay for college for the upcoming academic year. Scholarships are also available for second generation college students, Veterans, Native American students, Hispanic students and students with disabilities (must be registered with the SAS department at email@example.com). SFCC offers performance-based scholarships through Contract for a Better Tomorrow (CBT).
For more information and to apply go to:
If you have questions or assistance email the Financial Aid Office at firstname.lastname@example.org from your SFCC student email account. Make sure to include your Student ID number in the email.
Se habla Español.
Are you currently enrolled in at least 6 (six) credit hours? Did you know that you may be eligible for a student employment position on our beautiful campus (remote work may also be available). Did you know that as a student employee you earn minimum wage and may work up to 20 hours per week? And did you know that we can work with your current school schedule to try and help you fit your work hours within your day? For more information contact:
Financial Aid, Student Employment Program Manager
Counseling Services is offering a new round of a telehealth support group this summer. The group will meet for 6 weeks beginning the week of June 14th, and each session will last one hour. Meeting time is TBD based on member preferences. Since summer is a time of travel for a lot of folks, there is no requirement to attend each session; you can simply let the group leader know which sessions you plan to attend. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in participating. We very much look forward to having you!
THERAPY DOGS ARE BACK!!
SFCC Library is very excited to welcome back our group of therapy dogs next month! We’ll have in-person canine cuddling on Wednesday, August 18th and Wednesday, August 25th (first week of classes – yay!) from 10-11am at the Library. Check out the flyer for more information!
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success