Good Afternoon Students,
Please see important updates below.
We are happy to announce that several of our offices are open for in-person services. Please see the on-campus guidelines below and be sure to call (505-428-1000) before you visit to ensure the office/service you need is open for in-person services.
For the protection of our community:
- Masks are required.
- Practice social distancing
- Avoid congregating in groups.
- Avoid staying in public, indoor spaces for extended time periods.
- Children are allowed on campus. Masks required.
- Fully vaccinated? Please apply for the SFCC Fast Pass, which will help us lessen mask requirements in the future.
- Departments, programs, and unique spaces may require special protocols or safety requirements.
- Appointments are highly encouraged.
Get Your SFCC Transcripts Online
Beginning July 1, SFCC’s transcript request process will be entirely online – no more submitting paper or PDF forms! Current and former students can visit https://www.sfcc.edu/get-grades/transcripts/ to be guided through the process. There will be a $5 charge for electronic transcripts, and requests will be processed quickly.
COMPUTER and INTERNET NEEDS
Students needing a computer or access to the internet via a hot spot should contact the Office of Information Technology as soon as possible. Below are the steps to follow:
1. The Office of Information Technology(OIT) maintains a Bookings site to allow students to schedule a pickup time for laptops. If times do not work for the student, they may request an after-hours appointment over the phone.
2. Additionally, OIT and the library respond to enquiries at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may call the student to answer questions or guide the student to our appointment booking site.
3. Students come to OIT Office to pick up their requested laptop. They must abide by on-site protocols listed here: https://www.sfcc.edu/covid/sfcc-student-on-campus-protocol-during-covid-19/ *At this time laptop pick-up students are not required to complete training.
4. Students are required to sign the attached agreement.
5. Initial due dates are listed at four weeks out, but with the option to extend unless OIT/Library can’t meet the needs of all students.
6. Equipment checkout and return is tracked through our campus Library checkout software.
Do you have a laptop or hotspot checked out from the SFCC campus? All technology is due back on July 31 so updates can be performed prior to the fall semester. Please return all technology to the library Monday-Thursday 10-5pm or Friday 10-2pm. If you need to make arrangements to drop off technology at a different time, please send an email to: email@example.com
Please see below under Support Groups for more information.
Fall 2021 registration is happening NOW!! Schedule your appointment TODAY with your academic advisor!!
1) Contact an advisor at Academic Advising at 505-428-1275 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Campus Cupboard is offering FREE FOOD distribution each Friday from 12-2pm. Students can drive-up to the West Wing for a contactless pick-up. We currently do not require any student identification. Students do not leave your vehicles drive-up, open your trunk and your food will be placed in your trunk. Personal hygiene products are available from Free Flow NM. If you cannot attend the weekly distribution, contact email@example.com or 505-428-1775 to arrange an alternate time. Visit www.sfcc.edu/campus-cupboard for more information.
1) Are you a currently enrolled in the Summer semester and are experiences some financial challenges? Have you experienced a recent emergency and need just a little help? Apply today through the Student Emergency Fund. Applications can be found on your MYSFCC page under Resources (Emergency Assistance Fund). Applications are reviewed frequently, and funds are directly awarded to your account. (The funds cannot cover the cost of tuition or books.)
2) Did you know that you may be eligible for FREE GRANT MONEY? Have you completed your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). If not, it’s easy, apply today at www.fafsa.gov. Even if you are taking a few classes, you may still be eligible. For more information, please contact our financial aid office at (505) 428-1268. The 2021-2022 FAFSA applications are available now.
FUNDING through WIOA
WIOA is a federal grant that helps students pay for school. They are offering free orientations to learn more in the next few weeks. Check out the flyer for more information.
1) Students will not be dropped for non-payment. If you are currently enrolled, you must pay in full or make payment arrangements with the cashier’s office. Contact them today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2) Students need to pay their current balance to register for the subsequent term. Please contact the Cashiers office today or visit your student account online (email@example.com).
NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION
Learn how to become a successful student at SFCC! Check out SFCC’s online Student Orientation! It includes:
- A welcome from our college leadership
- Information about student services
- How to access student resources
- Information on navigating the mySFCC student portal
In just 30 minutes, you’ll be ready to succeed at SFCC!
Click here to get started: https://sso.comevo.com/sfcc/launch/2916
RESOURCE OF THE WEEK
Christ Lutheran Church 1701 Arroyo Chamiso, Santa Fe, NM 87505 | 505-983-9461 | www.christlutheransantafe.org
Food Pantry Thursday mornings 9:30 am to 10:30 am. Must have a form of ID; any kind is acceptable. People can receive food once a month and be led into the common room one at a time. Food distribution includes fresh items and non-perishable. There is staff that speaks Spanish.
Despensa de alimentos los jueves por la mañana de 9:30 am a 10:30 am. Debe tener una forma de identificación; cualquier tipo es aceptable. Las personas pueden recibir alimentos una vez al mes y serán conducidas a la sala común de una en una. La distribución de alimentos incluye productos frescos y no perecederos. Hay personal que habla español.
Counseling Services is offering a new round of a telehealth support group this summer. The group will meet for 6 weeks beginning the week of June 14th, and each session will last one hour. Meeting time is TBD based on member preferences. Since summer is a time of travel for a lot of folks, there is no requirement to attend each session; you can simply let the group leader know which sessions you plan to attend. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating. We very much look forward to having you!
NEED A TUTOR?
Check out the flyer about in-person tutoring services this summer!
Check out the flyer from Adams State for more information on transfer opportunities.
The City of Santa Fe currently has a survey open to gather public input about transportation access. Respondents will be entered to win a $50 Albertson’s gift card). Below are the secured links to either the English or Spanish version of the survey. Let your voice be heard.
|HUMAN RESOURCES UPDATE|
|–NM Cannabis Regulation Act (CRA) sets June 29, 2021 as effective date for the legalization of adult cannabis use. NMRLD Cannabis Control Division Although NM law may allow for certain marijuana usage and related activities, using and possessing marijuana in any form remains a crime under federal law, and violates employee policy 4-17: Drug-Free Workplace and Campus Policy. In addition to being a Federal crime, the Federal Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act, require the Santa Fe Community College to prohibit the use and possesion of marijuana on campus. If you have any questions or need for clarification, please reach out to Luis Olivas, HR Director at email@example.com or 505-428-1203. Your inquiries will remain confidential. Any member of the SFCC community who is concerned about substance abuse can receive confidential assistance from one of the resources listed below. Christus St. Vincent Care Connection Program – 505 995-9550 Christus St. Vincent Sobering Center – 505 913-4330 New Mexico Treatment Services LLC – 505 982-2129 Santa Fe Recovery Center – 505 471-4985 The Life Link – 505 438-0010 Turning Point Recovery Center, Albuquerque – 505 217-1717 EAP For a list of EAP providers call ComPsych at 1-855-399-2524. www.Guidanceresources.com Group ID: SFCC|
Always Your Champion,
Dr. Thomasinia Ortiz-Gallegos
Associate Vice President for Student Success
Santa Fe Community College